Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Pictures of installing rear quarter Shelby windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Bones Brigade

Default Pictures of installing rear quarter Shelby windows

Hi,
Does anyone have pictures of installing the Shelby GT350 rear quarter windows.
I bought the complete set at Tony D.Branda, I also have the installation instructions but sometimes a few pictures tell more than just reading an installation text and doing this for the first time

Thanks for any help

Robert from Luxembourg (Europe)
Old 12-04-2008, 06:15 AM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

Robert, I have the same kit and so far, all I have done is cut out the framework to allow the pieces to be installed. I used a sawzall or recipricating saw to cut it out and it worked well as long as I was careful. I also prefit and slightly clearanced the aluminum trim that goes on the outside. I also plan on drilling and temporarily installing the aluminum trim, so I can avoid drilling holes with the plastic windows installed. I'll try to take some pictures later today.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 AM
67 evil eleanor
5th Gear Member

The installation starts before you paint the car. Keep it very thin around the openings otherwise you will be filing the new paint. Once in paint, re-check the fit. I would install the aluminum trim first and predrill it (without the glass in). With the glass out make a template for later use to protect the glass when you drill and install the plastic jams (which should be last). The instructions will probably say to drill thru both when you install them but thats near impossible unless you have 10 kids that are ASE certified to hold everything in place while you drill. MAKE SURE to protect the inside of the glass with the template you made (cardboard or even better thin plywood) so that the chuck in the drill won't marr up the glass. A good taping of the chuck will help also if you slip (and you will). Looking back (mine is already predrilled) I'm not sure that I would not glue the jams in with maybe urethane and not have the rivits showing on the inside. It does'nt take much to hold them in.