Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

351 windsor build thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 AM
woody999

actually im starting to think all of you guys are the idiots!! cant machine the block without the rebuild kit cause the machine shop needs the new pistons to bore it out! and when i said brand new crank i meant to say brand new from a machine shop who confirmed everything is 100% in spec and round..even my teacher says i need to order the kit before they can even think about machining anything!!! now you guys are making this forum seem like its a honda forum or some sh*t.. full of douche bags
Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
OCHOHILL
2nd Gear Member

Look for a kit of 0.060 over pistons and buy that. This way you will get maximum displacement.

Nobody else say **** so we can truly help this guy the way he deserves. This douche bag is out.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

bwhahaha! I am a good judge of character!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM
woody999

i've already done the measurements and the machine shop has confirmed everything im not asking about sizes of things im only asking about the kit and if you guys have ever used that kit or a kit that had those brand of parts in it!! all this other stuff you guys are giving me are non-relavent and useless to me since ive already done all that stuff!! i was only trying to get opinions of parts not sizes..
Old 12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by woody999
i've already done the measurements and the machine shop has confirmed everything im not asking about sizes of things im only asking about the kit and if you guys have ever used that kit or a kit that had those brand of parts in it!! all this other stuff you guys are giving me are non-relavent and useless to me since ive already done all that stuff!! i was only trying to get opinions of parts not sizes..
Is 030 enough or too much? What if you buy everything and 030 isn't enough? What if you can go 010? Generally a block will be machined then sized to the piston. I wouldn't buy a piston until I was ready to size the block to. At least that's what I've always done in the past.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:59 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by woody999
Some folks have no social graces....

A little explanation without attitude goes a long way.

Reading a post is not the same as talking in person, details get lost sometimes.

That stuff aside, I have found that it is often cheaper (and not to mention easier) to simply buy the parts from the machine shop. Then all of these "fit" problems go away. Not that I don't measure or fit parts, but this procedure saves a lot of BS.

A couple weeks ago I had a customers 400M bored, new cam bearings, decked, heads rebuilt with several new valves and all new seats, crank ground, rods resized, all bearings, seals, pistons, rings, cam, timing set, etc. for $1,350. A 400 M is not a "cheap motor" to go through. (I assembled)

Last edited by JMD; 12-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:52 AM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

heheh I remember my first build, then again I remember my first beer too lol. I thought I was cool too saying i know it all when in reality I didn't know where to start and i learned the hard way, we all go through that phase so Quit making yourself look childish it makes you look inexperienced even if your attending school, were not attacking you but your setting yourself up for it.

these forums are here to help you, but the moment you e-thug/douche it on here is the moment all the lions come out and play and mind f*ck the hell out of you and of course it seems to be working. lol Where trying to help you so you won't make the same mistakes we did then again, i feel like your going to pay twice as much and learn the hard way.

GL with your build....

Last edited by rwcstang; 12-03-2011 at 03:55 AM.