Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mysterious water leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 04:34 PM
zsmart

Default mysterious water leak

I have a 2010 mustang convertible and water ia getting into the rear passenger seat well somehow. The water is not coming from the top of the car, I took my seat and had a friend look back there while I drove around in the rain. While the car is not in motion, there was no water coming in but when I started to drive around the water started rushing in from inside the walls of the car and pooling up into the seat well. After a while of driving the water eventually stopped/wasn't so forceful. It seems like the water is sitting somewhere on either the side or front of the car and then the acceleration pushes it all towards the back and it ends up underneath the rear seats. It seems to be either a seal problem or some part of the car isn't draining the water properly. Thanks for reading and any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 09-12-2015, 10:47 AM
scan1959
1st Gear Member

Your car (and all 'Verts since 2005) has a design flaw which causes the problem.

Search "water in trunk" on this forum to see additional info about this drain problem. Some people have the same problem, but water goes into the trunk. Other people only have this problem when the car is parked on an incline.

Good luck,
scan
Old 02-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Sanchez Mario

I had the same problem water coming in from back glass into the back quarter panel To floorboard behind driver seat
Originally Posted by zsmart
I have a 2010 mustang convertible and water ia getting into the rear passenger seat well somehow. The water is not coming from the top of the car, I took my seat and had a friend look back there while I drove around in the rain. While the car is not in motion, there was no water coming in but when I started to drive around the water started rushing in from inside the walls of the car and pooling up into the seat well. After a while of driving the water eventually stopped/wasn't so forceful. It seems like the water is sitting somewhere on either the side or front of the car and then the acceleration pushes it all towards the back and it ends up underneath the rear seats. It seems to be either a seal problem or some part of the car isn't draining the water properly. Thanks for reading and any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!!