Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

83 Mustang HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 AM
83mustangrules

Default 83 Mustang HELP!!

I picked up a 83 Mustang Convertible for my sister for a first car it origonally had a 3.8 with a bad freeze plug after tearing it down at 100,000 miles the heads were cracked and the bearings were whiped so I swaped in a rebuilt 83 van 5.0 and now I am trying to fix the odds and ends. The power windows fall over in the tracks when they move down, if theyre all the way up they sit straight, it looks like the plastic guides are broken I called ford and the part was discontinued in 93 does anyone know how to fix this? Or what years cross over in the junkyard. The heater core is fogging up the interior and I have no idea how to get to it (the car has ac if it helps), the drivers door handle is busted, some how at the top of the door the door skin popped off the door shell and its not rusted at all has any one encountered that before? and I am also looking for a good used interior and trunk lid. Does any one have any ideas where to get these parts cheap (used is fine)? Also Ive heard that you have to pull the whole dash for the heater core is there a short cut I can take? I started to disassemble the dash using what they Chilton manual said and Im having alot of trouble getting it apart, thats why I am looking for a short cut of some sort. Also has anyone had trouble getting the windows to align with the top? Even with the window all the way up on the driverside it does not line up with the weather stipping at the top of the A pillar. Also will the 3.8 radiator be enough for a stock 5.0. Id appreciate any help my sister is getting anxious and is starting to annoy me and my dad.
Thanks
Anthony