Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about conv top bows

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Mustang_Don

Question Question about conv top bows

Are each of the bows in the conv top frame a single length of steel, or are there two "overlapping" sections bolted or screwed together? Reason I'm asking this silly question is the middle bow on mine (the one directly above the rear edge of the doors' windows) appears to be broken, as the top does not arch upward at that bow like it does at the other two. I can't visualize how this could happen unless the bow is two sections fastened together and the fastener broke, or the bow is made of fiberglass or a composite material of some kind. I haven't tried lowering the top part way to see if I can tell what the problem is; I'm thinking it may be a good idea to be prepared to make a repair when I do that, or else just take it to a body shop to start with since I don't know what I may be in for. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance, Don.