Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 GT Convertible Driver Side Rear Quarter Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 07:57 PM
VagrantChrisX

Question 2005 GT Convertible Driver Side Rear Quarter Window

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question that is bugging me, started this project at 9 A.M and just finished/failed at 6:30PM. A few weeks ago I lost my driver side rear quarter window on my convertible. The thing made noises and refused to come up. I finally took it apart today and noticed it was in bad shape. I removed all the plastic parts and put it back together with nothing on it. I placed the quarter window on the top position. I went to raise my top and nothing. It refused to come up no matter what I did.

My question for you guys is this, Does having no quarter window on the driver side stop the convertible top from working? I already purchased the part for replacement, but it won't be here till the 11th of June. I just want to make sure if the top ain't working because I don't have the quarter window installed, or because of something else I did when removing the quarter window for repair.

I put everything back together as it was, the only thing missing is the assembly plastic parts on the quarter window. This question is eating me up inside and I can't find any answers online. Thanks for any future help.
btw before starting the project I lowered and raised the top, only after I put it together the top refused to move.

The metal lines were completely mutilated when the plastic piece broke on top. The window refused to move off the rails.