Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Mothers Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mothers Kit

Too many long responses. [8D]

I bought the Poor Boy's wax and love it.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

I used the 3m compound today and then I used Turtle wax Ice paste. Way better than Mother's. Which company has been around longer? Is Turtle wax out of business? NO! So guess what? It doesn't suck only in your eyes it does. I don't care if your a professional. Those people are employees of Mothers spamming on here and I don't have to listen to any of them. Clearly you must be an employee too, who uses Mother for discount prices. I'm not that stupid to listen to you or them. I stated my opinion. For $2.69 Turtle wax is a lot better and always will be. Stick that in yourbuffer and wipe it . I had to say that...take no offence . One day I'll purchase products off obsessivedetail.com but for now best shine formy dollar I'd have to say is what I used today: Compound and paste wax

p.s. What are these people saying exactly? I even watched the video!I used the product as directed and then waxed afterwards. That's what they said and that's what I did. Professional or not, the products I used today worked brilliantly.

p.s.s. I would love to by a buffer and right now I live in an Apt complex so until I get a house that's out of the question. What does a Porter Cable Buffer cost?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I used the Mother's kit for the first time a few weeks ago. Personally, my first thought was that I could have achieved the same result if I had skipped the clay and just washed, dried, and used spray detailer then wax.

The clay seemed to move so smoothly across the paint, I can't grasp how it is removing all of the contaminants it is supposed to. Maybe I use too much spray(?)

Then, when I got to behind each wheel well, I came across some tar (or something) that I didn't know was there. Instead of removing it, striations were left in the clay.

I am going to hit it again though, my car is an 02 and I'd bet my right leg that this was the first time it had ever seen clay.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

BleedinBlue that's undercoat in your wheel wells, don't remove it it's to protect your metal.