Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Detailed my Expedition today (Pics as promised)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Cooter
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Detailed my Expedition today (Pics as promised)

Trade Secret maybe??
Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

..Mind cleaning my '01 EB Expedition? Washing it is always a nightmare, at least compared to washing my wife's '06 Focus or my '94 Mustang GT..

I should probably try the claybar, too..looks like it did a great job for you. My Exp has laser red paint that, while it doesn't look "bad", could probably use a bit of TLC..

Anyway, nice job. :>
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all, I just got back from a FL - NY - FL road trip with her. I washed it up in NY and its still clean expect for a few bugs but wax is holding up real well.

As for TS, thats a product called "TS Clearcoat". A buddy who had a black vette sold me on the stuff. Its a all-in-one clearcoat cleaner and wax that does a damn good job for a one step application. But since I bought Menzerna and do all the steps, I have some TS left over that I use on the windshield and headlights that clean them up nice and provide longer "beading" then rain-x ever did on the windshield.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KSUWildcatFan

..Mind cleaning my '01 EB Expedition? Washing it is always a nightmare, at least compared to washing my wife's '06 Focus or my '94 Mustang GT..

I should probably try the claybar, too..looks like it did a great job for you. My Exp has laser red paint that, while it doesn't look "bad", could probably use a bit of TLC..

Anyway, nice job. :>
I hear ya. Big, black, and Florida heat makes washing it a pain. I either have to do it before 10am, or after 6pm, or have a friend keep her wet while I finished washing, then we dry it together quickly. The clay bar did wonders too. I admit that I dont wash her every weekend, maybe twice a month so when it came time to detailing it seriously needed the claybar; so much so that when I was done it looked like new paint that was just waxed

I now plan to coordinate my details in the spring/fall when its somewhat cool down here lol.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJPcustoms

Thanks all, I just got back from a FL - NY - FL road trip with her. I washed it up in NY and its still clean expect for a few bugs but wax is holding up real well.

As for TS, thats a product called "TS Clearcoat". A buddy who had a black vette sold me on the stuff. Its a all-in-one clearcoat cleaner and wax that does a damn good job for a one step application. But since I bought Menzerna and do all the steps, I have some TS left over that I use on the windshield and headlights that clean them up nice and provide longer "beading" then rain-x ever did on the windshield.

does it interfere with the wipers at all? making them sticky and such...

where can i go about purchasing this product?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

ORIGINAL: DJPcustoms

does it interfere with the wipers at all? making them sticky and such...

where can i go about purchasing this product?
Not at all. I apply it thin and it goes off easily. Much "cleaner" then using Rain-X and coating the windshield with their stuff; always seems like there is a haze until I clean them again.

I only found this stuff direct though them: http://www.tsservices.com/cc.htm -When I was running low, took me almost a month for someone to call me back and order some.[:@]