General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions on Maximum Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 07:22 AM
weso94GT

Default Opinions on Maximum Motorsports

I'm very seriously considering the Maximum Motorsports Road & Track suspension package. What I want out of my car is just a nice stable ride but something that will beat the pants out of an import thru the corner and stay stabilized in the 1/4 mile. I was just curious to see if anyone has and of the Maximum Motorsports packages or not because they don't offer reviews on their site and I wanted feedback before I spend over $2000. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:18 AM
50fiend
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions on Maximum Motorsports

I would love to know how well they work. I drove a Porche 968 which had racing seats and upgraded coilovers as well as other suspension modifications and it was a blast. Although it didn't have the power to plant you in the seat, every corner was a joy ride. It was completely flat around the corners and believe me I was taking them fast. Ever since then I've been checking out suspensoion components for my car. Just like you I don't want to spend several grand for not much return. One thought though, have you ever tried finding a local mustang club that road races. They would most likely know.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:23 AM
n2o44
2nd Gear Member

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/eventcoverage/95738/

try that, i dealt with them for a while and used there stuff , never had a friend ,customer, or any one being disapointed with there stuff . find some autocross forums and ask about them .
Old 03-21-2004, 03:04 AM
joeblow5_0

weso94GT,

I've belonged to Corral.net for 3 years and read in Corner Carvers about suspension products. Just like you, I wanted opinions from guys that have used their parts. Every single comment was positive. In fact, I've never read anything bad about Maximum Motorsports.

These guys really do their homework. They design, build, and race all of the parts they sell. They do sell shocks, springs and other parts they don't make (who makes their own shocks/springs?), but they often have unique specs from the OEM's. For instance, they sell Bilstein shocks, their own specifications to match their springs. They build top quality parts in the USA. I wish those kits were around when I started buying suspension parts. They make it easy to get a killer ride.

I have their 4-pt K-member brace, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear lower control arms, aluminum rack bushings, H&R super sport springs, and Tokico shocks/struts. My car handles much better than stock with these parts. If I were to do it all over today, I'd buy all their top products (K-member, A-arms, coli-overs, torque arm, panhard bar, full length subframe connectors, etc) from the start. You WILL NOT be disappointed with their products and excellent service.

My $.02

Joe
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
richardb7

I drive my car in Open Track events. It will be an American Iron race car by year end. I was choosing between Griggs and Max Motors. I went with MM. Its more affordable, more durable, the average person can install, it performslike they advertise and they have Great customer service.

My first time on the track I had some springs from Steeda and the rest was stock. I was all over the place. I was oversteering like crazy, lots of body roll and brake dive. I smoked my stock tires in one weekend.

See my sig for what I have added since. Like it is now, I can out corner (alot is dependant on driver) many euro cars now. Basically it made my car competitive with BMW/Porsche/Etc.

Later this year I will do their Kmember and coilovers and refresh the engine.

I would definitely go with MaxMotors.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
richardb7

it cut off my sig.
Here are the parts I have
2002 GT
Installed:
K&N Filter
Steeda Tri-AX
Magnapack Catback
Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe
H&R Super Race Springs
C&L 85mm MAF
3.73 gears
Steeda Pulleys
Cobra Front Brakes
Cobra 2KR 18x9.5
Kuhmo - 275/35
Auto Meter Shift Light
Chip/Tuned - timing set at 14
Steeda Front Sway Bar
Corbeau Race Seats
AutoPower 6pt Cage
Maximum Motorsports
CC plates
Sub-frames
RLCA's
Panhard Bar
Torque Arm
Strut Tower Brace

RWHP = 259
RWTQ = 293
Old 05-31-2004, 02:23 AM
cobra521

I might be a little late on this response but I just put the road and track kit on my 89 as well as a new power steering rack, balljoints, and tie rods. The fit and finish of these products is great, the install is really not to bad if you take your time. The ride is a little harsh but it handles better than anything I've ever driven....
Old 06-04-2004, 03:28 PM
joeblow5_0

cobra521,

How do you like the Bilstein struts/shocks and H&R race springs? I've been thinking about upgrading from my Tokico's and H&R supersport springs to those. I have most of those pieces in the kit except the panhard bar.

Joe
Old 06-07-2004, 04:11 AM
2002 Stang GT
2nd Gear Member

in about 4 days i will be ordering the road and track kit, except im getting the front and rear coil over kits adjustable ride height with coil springs so its goinna be about 2800 bux for the whole kit, people tell me its going to handle AWESOME like an exotic, i cant wait!, ive heard nothing but good things about maximum motorsports. Ill tell u peeps how it handles when i get it installed!

this is what the kit comes with!
# MM Strut Tower Brace 4
# MM 4-Point K-Member Brace
# MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
# MM Panhard Bar with Aluminum Rod
# MM Heavy-duty Rear Lower Control Arms
# MM front coil over suspension kit with coil springs
# MM rear coil over suspension kit with coil springs
# Bilstein sport front struts
# Bilstein sport rear shocks
# MM Caster/Camber Plates 4
# MM Urethane Pinion Snubber