General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Annoying Viper alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Annoying Viper alarm

ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

well...if that doesnt work for you or u dont want to do that, that little metal switch sounds like it would be the one. you usually have to have the car on to turn the switch on and off but that should work if you just want to deactivate it when your workin on your car.
I think he has the remote....so it's pointless to turn the alarm off useing the valet switch.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 AM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

Default RE: Annoying Viper alarm

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

I have a python alarm which is basically the same thing as a viper....same company makes it and it looks identical. So to me it sounds like you have it programmed for passive arming....you'll want to switch it to active arming (will only arm the alarm by using the remote). In my manual for my alarm the active/passive program is in the basic features and is first on the menu....but first you'll need to find the valet switch. They should have installed it somewhere under the dash and it's just a black button.....if you can't find it trace all the wires from the brain of the alarm and you'll find it. This should work...if it doesn't then buy the manual for your alarm model.

Open a door

Turn ignition on (don't start the car) and then off 1 time.

Press and hold the switch...after 3 seconds you should hear a chirp indicating you're in the basic features of the programming mode. Release the button. If you don't release the button you'll go into advanced programming.....

Ok...now press the button again. Now you're telling the alarm that you want to program the active/passive system. Now press and HOLD the button...it'll chirp the 1 time confirming it. Keep holding the button.

While holding the valet button...you can tonggle the active/passive on/off using the remote. Pressing lock will select the 1 chirp setting(active) and pressing unlock will select the 2 chirp setting(passive). You want the active one so press lock. Now release the valet switch.

Close the door to exit the programming mode.

That should do it....good luck bro
great info, thanks. i have a viper as well...works great, no problems, but i bought it off of a friend, so i didnt get any kind of manual for it. are there any other features like this that i dont know about¿