General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PLEASE HELP ME IMMEDIATLY

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:15 AM
verter2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: PLEASE HELP ME IMMEDIATLY

This might sound weird, but I know that in rare occasions a piece of catalyst will break off and either become lodged in the converter or travel down into the muffler. In these instances, it won't nesessarily vibrate/knock/rattle all the time, but in fact will be agitated by a combination of things like exhaust frequency (hence not in neutral but 1 or 3rd) and vehicle vibration (motion). However, when this happens it is almost always in high-milage cars with a worn converter. Just a thought.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Natex
2nd Gear Member

If you want to rule out your engine get a long screw driver and put it right on the block. If that knock doesn't vibrate through the driver, it's not your engine. Lil shade tree trick.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

lol, a 35 dollar bearing.. sounds so cheap doesnt it. Unfortunately not that simple man... you will be replacing everything while your in there. You would be stupid not to, as long as the hard part of taking it out is done. Trust me, when it comes to cars, its not ever cheap/easy
Old 05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
michaelbarry
2nd Gear Member

First thing I thought when I read the title was "universal joint"
Old 05-20-2006, 02:41 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ARDollar, stop being such a douche with the stupid posts all over the tech forums. You're not helping anyone. Go ***** up off topic.

To the thread starter....if You only have 15K on your car, why don;t you get the dealer to look at it. It should be free because of warranty.

Also, if you only have 15K on your car, it is not likely a throw out bearing. They tend to last a little longer than that and your problem would not go away in fourth and fifth or reverse.

Sounds like you have fuggered up a gear cluster in your trans but you can't diagnose something like this over the internet. You need to get it to a pro.

good luck.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:03 PM
hwest
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ARDollar, stop being such a douche with the stupid posts all over the tech forums. You're not helping anyone. Go ***** up off topic.

To the thread starter....if You only have 15K on your car, why don;t you get the dealer to look at it. It should be free because of warranty.

Also, if you only have 15K on your car, it is not likely a throw out bearing. They tend to last a little longer than that and your problem would not go away in fourth and fifth or reverse.

Sounds like you have fuggered up a gear cluster in your trans but you can't diagnose something like this over the internet. You need to get it to a pro.

good luck.

+1!!!