General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Question about fixing window?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about fixing window?

Not too long ago, actually it was prom night, I rolled down my window to talk to somebody and they asked me to come look at their prom ride. It was a 2005 GT Mustang they had rented. Well I went and looked and came back, not thinking anything of it, I closed my door with window still down. I had done this on other cars at work, but when I closed it, and I didn't slam it shut, I noticed there was a crash type of sound, like metal against metal or glass or something vibrated violently in there. Anyways, I realized the window was down and went to put it back up but it got stuck about half way and started to move toward the front of the car and jam. Not wanting the window down when we pulled up in front of the prom crowd I put my hand and lifted and shut the window. I figured it was off the rack, but I checked later and it wasn't that. It goes down smoothly now, but it knocks about half way and then kinda squeeks and nudges roughly at the top on the way back up. This even happens when the door is opened.

Any help of what this might be would be nice. I've heard that Mustangs have problems with windows on the driver side door alot, although the relevance of that I'm not sure. I was hoping that I might be able to buy a new Window Assembly but that's costly. There is a car salvage shop close by and I figured I could find one there, but I'm not sure if Ford uses the same window assembly for all their cars of a certain year. I know many companies reuse materials for different cars to cut costs, but I'm not sure if Mustangs have their own specific window assembly. The other thing it could be is the lock actuator. I really have no clue, and am getting very frustrated as it is summer and I can't easily roll my windows down. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about fixing window?

If it's not off it's track, then perhaps there's some sort of rubber/felt guide cushion in the door assembly that has fallen off, which allows the glass to waunder too much and perhaps hit something metal when the door is pushed shut. I dunno , am only guessing here... but it probably shouldn't cost much to fix.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

my drivers window sucks. Just take off the door panel and move the window up and down and see what doesn't appear to be moving smoothly/properly

mine makes this shudder sound when I go to put it down.... so i took the panel off to inspect it and all is well, it's just with me 112k miles of window up and down puts a little bit of wear on each part and it adds up
Old 06-07-2006, 03:18 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

I had a similiar problem i don't know if this helps
https://mustangforums.com/m_1450661/...tm.htm#1450661
Old 06-19-2006, 02:18 AM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

So far every time I do something to my door something with the window changes. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I have a feeling it's the trim, so I think I'll just take it into a body shop and they can tell me for sure. I'm really busy to do anything with it myself, as well as lazy to do the same thing I've been doing the last how long with seeing if maybe I can see something new, as well as I'm just not educated enough. So it'll take some money, but I want to roll the windows down in the summer, plus I'm scared something will happen and it will rain and it will leak in. Thanks for the help everyone.