General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hard Top vs. Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:13 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Hard Top vs. Convertible?

is there any diff on insurance between coupe and vert?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

dude, seriously?? nascar? Who wants to be like nascar? If you want to be like nascar, go get a fusion!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:02 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Not that I know of. And as far as heating and cooling, the A/C almost works too well in my Mustang since it has such a small cab, its never really cold in FL. Road noise? I have exhaust so I wouldn't know what that means.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Bigbody

Its not for the track just a cruiser! Thanks for the help guys! I'm definitely going with a vert! Hope to make a purchase within the next few weeks and then I'll have up some pics!

Kyle
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

??? lol explain please

ORIGINAL: blackbetty01

That is true, but it's not that bad, still better than an 05/06 with louvers on the side windows.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:31 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

oh and verts SUCK in the bright sun in traffic, if they have leather the sun beats the leather dry in no time, the leather gets SOOOOOOOO hot u can barely sit on it, u get blinded ALL the time with a vert by the sun, the cover is PRONE to tears and vandalism, u roll = u die or at least loose ur head. IMOP coupe is THE only way to go for any car unless its the hard top like the new g6 or chevy SSR

Paul
Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

you can die in a coupe too (it happens everyday somewhere), a coupe can easily be vandalized- bright sun in traffic=nice tan and looks freakin' awesome, I'll give ya the leather seat though. I have black leather, its hard to ride in shirtless when its been in the sun for a while. But, how many of you guys roll shirtless anyway.... the only way I would ever drive a coupe is if it has a moonroof/or at least a sunroof. I cant stand the fact that you look up and theres a roof there-so plain/cheap looking. No extra light, no air moving- well beside windows- whichs sux. Just my opinion, but, verts give the best of both worlds. You wanna roll with the top up, then go for it (ifs its too hot or something). You want to hit the button and the top goes back, then go for it. Not having the choice would just suck
Old 06-10-2006, 01:25 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

oh and verts SUCK in the bright sun in traffic, if they have leather the sun beats the leather dry in no time, the leather gets SOOOOOOOO hot u can barely sit on it, u get blinded ALL the time with a vert by the sun, the cover is PRONE to tears and vandalism, u roll = u die or at least loose ur head. IMOP coupe is THE only way to go for any car unless its the hard top like the new g6 or chevy SSR

Paul
Umm,, roll in a car with a retractable hardtop & you die just as quick a with a canvas soft top,, I don't get your point. But, if you're so cncerned abouit safety then buy a Volvo with 2 dozen airbags.

& seatcovers eases the summer leather-seat worries just that easy
Old 06-10-2006, 01:47 AM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Paul
Umm,, roll in a car with a retractable hardtop & you die just as quick a with a canvas soft top,, I don't get your point. But, if you're so cncerned abouit safety then buy a Volvo with 2 dozen airbags.

& seatcovers eases the summer leather-seat worries just that easy
i think he's talking about when the top is down. reffering to your face making love to the street when the car rolls.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:48 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

I'll play the odds on that one! I havent rolled a car yet (fingers crossed)

Quick Reply: Hard Top vs. Convertible?