General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Alexia's AutoTint in Portland OR...BAD! (long read)

Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM
jkstang
1st Gear Member

Default Alexia's AutoTint in Portland OR...BAD! (long read)

NEVER EVER take your baby to Alexia's AutoTint in Portland,OR!

They were recommended to me by all the Ford stealerships in the area as being the best at installing tint on the new mustangs.
So, my wife took it in. This was a gift to me from my wife.
They told her it would take two hours. Since it was not going to take long, she decided to hang around, and walk the close shopping areas to kill the time.

It took the 6, SIX!, hours to installed the tint and the felt on the panels. They had to do the back window THREE times! They were complaining because my car was a first ever mustang they had come in with an upholstered rear deck. They kept touching the deck with the tint and getting lint on it.

Here's the kicker. By the time my wife got the car home, she found all the things that had happened to the car while they were installing the tint. This is/was, a brand new mustang...flawless. The interior wasn't even dirty yet. I get home from work, excited to see the new tint. My wife didn't want me to see it. She walked around the car before I got home and found a bunch of problems.
They dented the aluminum door-seal plate, look like the closed a tool in the door, or set a tool down and stepped on it. There was a scratch on the pillar next to the back window...white one.(have to buff that out) A black mark on the the driver's seat, about 1.5 inches long....looks like a sharpie mark. The plastic piece that snaps around the door lock post on the passenger door panel was missing. The interior of the car was filthy with greasy finger prints all over everything, dirty floor, dirt in the seats, and greasy dirty windows.
I was appalled! They charged my wife $350! Plus she had to wait over 6 hours while they effed with my car.

She called and tried to get them to do something about all the issues. They told her we had no proof that the car did not arrive in that condition. She was pissed! Rightly so. They did not offer to do anything to fix what they screwed up. After she saw how pissed I was...not with her, with them. She called them back and started fake crying, telling them I was her husbands car, it was supposed to be a gift, and she was afraid of what I would do when I saw the result. LOL! She's such crack! Even after her Oscar performance, they only offered to replace the missing door panel piece. *******!

I HATE ALEXIA'S AUTO TINT in PORTLAND, OR. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, take you car to Alexia's AutoTint in Portland, OR.

Thanks...rant over.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Alexia's AutoTint in Portland OR...BAD! (long read)

If its a brand new car then sue them.
1st send a "letter of intent". In it state what damage they did & how much it will be for some one else (like a dealer) to fix their f up & that you are going to take them to court if they dont make it right. Give them 2 weeks. State that if you are not satisfied by the end of two weeks that you are going to have it fixed by dealer & file a small claims against them for there original invoice & the cost of repair. This wil get their undivided attention. They will have to take the time to appear in court & just that fact may make them take time to satisfy you. If they dont appear you win by default. Cancel your check (hope you didnt pay them cash) or call credit card company & dispute the charge.

I would even get a sign made stating your displeasure & stand out side there business. Tell them you will be there every week end till its fixed.

Bastards.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 PM
DG03
1st Gear Member

I don't understand why some shops treat a brand new car like a piece of tihs?

Cars are expensive and money sure does not grow on trees.

That is a shame, and I feel your pain!

Rotten srekcuf!![:@]
Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
blkNred99

sorry to hear about this....sue them....

The letter of intent as mentioned above will usualy get them to pay attention.