General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Detroit Truetrac

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:46 PM
ryanhewett466

Default Detroit Truetrac

Do any of you have experience with the detroit truetrac? not the detroit locker, i'm talking about the gear driven limited slip differential. I'm siding more with a clutch driven eaton differential but i really don't know much about the gear driven truetrac. i'd appreciate the help.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:00 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Detroit Truetrac

ORIGINAL: ryanhewett466

Do any of you have experience with the detroit truetrac? not the detroit locker, i'm talking about the gear driven limited slip differential. I'm siding more with a clutch driven eaton differential but i really don't know much about the gear driven truetrac. i'd appreciate the help.
truetrac rocks.... buy nothin else...
Old 08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
ryanhewett466

ORIGINAL: randy78045

What do you like so much about it?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:04 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: randy78045

What do you like so much about it?
I like the fact that the rearend is all gears... no clutches to fry... and its strong...
Old 08-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

I have a Tru-Trac also and it does eliminate the "one wheel peel".The clutches in my stock unit were starting to slip and I wanted something to fix the problem that would be permanent.The Tractech (Detriot) Tru-Trac filled the bill completely.There is NO slip and both wheels ALWAYS spin when they break loose.The only drawback is a slight knocking sound the pinions make when the rear end is coasting unloaded.This sound is barely noticeable and is easily overcome by the stereo played at very low levels.
I can recommend the Tru-Trac to any one.Be sure to get the six bolt design(three pinion) and not the old four bolt (two pinion).The four bolt design was prone to breaking the bolts and coming apart.The new six bolt design seems to have overcome this.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:49 PM
ryanhewett466

How do i know if it's a 3 pinion unit?
ORIGINAL: Chopper

I have a Tru-Trac also and it does eliminate the "one wheel peel".The clutches in my stock unit were starting to slip and I wanted something to fix the problem that would be permanent.The Tractech (Detriot) Tru-Trac filled the bill completely.There is NO slip and both wheels ALWAYS spin when they break loose.The only drawback is a slight knocking sound the pinions make when the rear end is coasting unloaded.This sound is barely noticeable and is easily overcome by the stereo played at very low levels.
I can recommend the Tru-Trac to any one.Be sure to get the six bolt design(three pinion) and not the old four bolt (two pinion).The four bolt design was prone to breaking the bolts and coming apart.The new six bolt design seems to have overcome this.