General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NEWS BREAK: Mustangs can handle

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:34 AM
nstag8r

Default NEWS BREAK: Mustangs can handle

I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I've noticed that alot of Mustang Enthusiasts do not realize that Mustang's don't just go fast in a straight line. It's hevy, slightly underdog suspension...but man is it fun to come out of a corner after hitting a perfect apex with the rear wheels holding on for deal life. Set up correctly they can be very competative on a road course. I'm currently involved with the NASA association (not the space shuttle people). Check them out and you might learn a little more about our favorite product.
Tell me this would not be fun http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/.

Thank for listening to my rant.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Rook6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NEWS BREAK: Mustangs can handle

Ah heck yeah dude.

www.maximummotorsports.com been here yet?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
corvetteguy
3rd Gear Member

I remember 10 years ago when I had my 84 GT
stick. T would love to take the guys out to lunch
and make the right hand jug handle around an
intersection just as the light would turn.
It was the only car I could accellorate in second
such that everyone would b e thrown to the
left side of the car.
Great feeling.
Now I wonder what was holding my tires from folding over.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Gooman
1st Gear Member

my 99 with lowering springs and camber plates has the stock radial ta tires and it sticks to the road almost like my old 1970 porsche vw 914.Car handles way better than the 85 vette I owned a few years back.Yep they handle great plus they aint no long dorky F body gm...............Gary99gt
Old 01-13-2007, 01:47 AM
DKGreenMetallic98
1st Gear Member

I live in a town of 2000 people, so there's a few country roads down here. specifically, one near a grain elevator where there's a 35 mph. curve. I like to get as close as I can to doubling that speed limit everytime I go through it. I've gotten it up to like 70 mph, and it is a blast. although I wouldn't reccomend doing that on even DAMP pavement. terrible rain/snow/etc handling but that's not what their made for.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Rook6
3rd Gear Member

I've got an offramp coming off All American parkway that I know well enough to take as fast as I can every time. This is where I usually put my GT buddies to total shame. I started out taking it at 55, now my record stands at 75. Nothing freaks out a passenger more than when you go for an offramp and don't slow down.

There's also this awesome backroad I like to assault on occasion and I wish it were a 1 way road. I call it my 'personal touge' Long winding road with some excellent corners, a bit of rough terrain and lovely scenery. AND, all the trees on the side of the road echo back the exaust note!

Then there was that time in Indiana, around Scottsberg, taking turns at 100+ in the dead of night, hearing the tires squeal. I love my Mustang.

I can't WAIT to take all this on when I get back to the US and my Maximum Motorsports CobraMaximum Grip Box is installed!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:53 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I dont know about competition, or doing this dangerous **** that you guys are talking about. but the handling/steering response of my 'Stang has saved me from 2 accidents, one of which might have mangled my girlfriend, and the other which would have been a front end destroyer.

They hold their ground in what I would conisder 99% of street driving. And the body roll isnt nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.