General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brakes pull hard to the side

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Raven27
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Brakes pull hard to the side

Chopper my 04 GT did the samething and I too noticed the gooves in the street. Funny how the car reacts that way. Anyways back to jishead's problem. Has anything changed since your last post? Also I know this might sound stupid but have you checked the brake fluid reservoir? A low level could result in odd behavior. Bleeding the brakes could also do some good. If you have already done these then take it to a shop, lol.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I topped of the air pressure last night and washed the car. Drove it this morning and still observed some pulling. Drove it home from work and same thing. Checked tire pressure when I got home.

I have noticed how bad the GT 'grabs' those road surface grooves and pulls the steering wheel.

My final conclusion is that since it is a sports car, you really feel the road. If I were on a perfecly smooth road with no crest nor crown nor grooves with perfectly inflated tires and no wind then I'll bet it would never pull. If you start adding any of those things that I just mentioned, then you get pulling. I can accept that just fine as long as it is the nature of the car by design. I was worried that I had a problem or that some day I was going to get thrown for a real surprise on ice or water (beyond how bad we all know the GT handles under those conditions). So I'm just gonna watch my tire pressure and keep enjoying the ride, but will inspect carefully whenever I do rotate the tires soon.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:52 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I would inspect the brakes to see if one pad is wearing more than the other..I would add some braided brake lines like I stated..this will help braking alot..also bleed the brakes..all 4 wheels...also check you shocks as well.