General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Vertical Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: Vertical Doors?

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

HAHAHAHAH!!! Industry standard my ***!!! If that's what mustangs looked like stock, I would have never bought one! So freaking pretentious.
I think he meant industry standard for aftermarket lambo doors. Regardless. It's still gay and I still point and laugh when I see them.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

90 degrees looks really weird.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:04 PM
spedfarmr

I don't understand why you are all hating on my question. I was just wondering i thought they looked pretty sweet and it drops my jaw whenever i see them. I have the performance in my 5.0. and i wanted some looks. I have some extra money laying aroudn adn im not going to be buying nitrous or forced induction so i thought going for a little bit of looks. Is it still rice if im making 300-350 hp and i put them doors on?
Old 04-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Yes.

And we weren't hating on your question. Just the Lambo doors. They're rice. At least on a Mustang they're rice. And not that Uncle Ben's minute rice crap. REALLY RICE!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Everyone here is so afraid of change. It seems like no one wants to try something different. Most of you are all stuck in like a bubble. Only looking at what things that have worked before. I for one, like to be original and strive to find ways to express that. Its very dissapointing that the most domestic fans are like that and Import fans are not. I dont like almost all front wheel drive imports. They look to gaudy, but its all about what the person driving the car thinks. I idea of all the body kits imports have available. but most of them are ugly, but I like the idea of people unique.
Like mustangs who just stick to the played out five star wheels. I know some of them look good. But come on. Or Everyone putting on a centrifical supercharger. I remember talking about turbo charging and everyone said that was rice?? Whats up with that. Is that why Porsches, Audis, Saleen S7, F350 all come stock with them.....
I wouldnt get the lambo doors but thats just me, but I do think they look pretty cool.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

you might have better luck going in another section, or better off on a different site, if u want help on this. most of us are not into changing our appearance that drastically.

personally i dont like em
Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Well...First of all, whoever said putting a turbo on a Mustang is rice is a complete moron. I never heard anyone say that.

Have you ever seen a twin turbo Mustang? My God! They're wicked fast. And certainly not rice by any means. But I still stand behind the Lambo doors are rice. I'm just not an appearance mod kind of guy. I like the stock look and really fast.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I dont like the 90 degree ones, they look really off, but the ones that open out slightly are nice. It would suck though if they dont seal all the way and dont line up right. Its also ****ty if its a semi-perminant mod. Honestly I think it would hurt the resell value of your car unless you found the right person.

Personally in my mind "Rice" is something or someone that is all about the looks and just cant put it together right to make it look good. If someone has great performance mods and knows their **** but still has a silly car then its kinda hard to figure out, but you certainly wouldnt call them rice because of it.
My manager at Pick-N-Pull has a Honda CRX and he is doing a complete V6 swap and rear wheel drive conversion but his car looks like ****! He isnt going to leave it like that, right now it has black spray painted flames on it that looks like he was being shook in an earthquake when he put them on and it says "Mongoose" Ol' Skool Cobra killer LOL but he admits it has less horsepower then a leaf blower right now The point is with him is that he will have it glimmer soon and he already has half of his conversion parts thanks to being a manager at Pick-N-Pull So really to me Rice is only when people do rinky dinky **** to their cars and dont know jack about them.

On my 95' I wanted the vert doors that slightly come out and about 45% up but its not cost affective for me and I dont want to deal with it right now, I would rather just complete my Mach1 conversion and finish the suspension and interior. After I get the suspension done then I am going to do a few visual mods like the Steeda race spoiler (looks decent and is functional) and a VERY light body kit, Rear Aero bumper (Kinda like the saleen sept plain) not sure on side skirts if any and Cobra front bumper or I might just retain my stock V6 from bumper and clean it up a bit.

My thing is going for a stock look, a nice sleeper look for my stang, I want people to think that its still got the original V6 under the hood and not the insane 2003 Mach1 pushin 400bhp, and yes my conversion is in truck freight coming to me as we speak

but anyways i got way far off track and just blah.... I like the lambo doors but not for me at this time, if you have the will and the way then go for it, its good to be your own person, that way people nottice you more

-Eric-
Old 04-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Looks pretty cool. But I would never get them im too tall and it would be to annoying to manuver around them getting out of the car. But it looks very clean and not ricey in my opinion.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:36 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

In no way does lambo doors make the car look or seem faster than it really is, thus it isn't rice.

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors?