General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Fog lights

Old 09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Probey97GT

Exclamation Fog lights

i have 1997 gt with 4.6 and 5spd full exhaust had 6 cats cut out 4 and ran some generic flowmasters(xcelerators) they sound just like flowmasters just thinner and ran 4 x 18 tips. put on new tires when i got it which are fusion either hri or hzi i dont remember but they are h rated and sticky as hell along with new clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing. added some 20% tint and its a pretty sexual car. but my question today is how can i wire up my fog lights to come on with my parking lights i had a 98 f150 and i couldn't turn on my fogs with the parking lights either just wanted some suggestions....
Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

1. The first step in performing the rewire is to remove the bucket from the center console. Underneath the console lid, there are rubber bumpers on each side of the pullout cup-holder, which must be removed. Under the rubber stops are two phillips head screws. Remove these screws and then remove the bucket. If you can’t get a firm hold on the bucket, you can use the cup-holder to pull it out.
2. With the bucket out, you should be able to identify an eight-wire harness adjacent to the parking brake. Unplug this harness. You will be working with the end toward the rear of the car, which houses female connectors and slides into the other harness plug.
3. On the side of the harness there is a red tab. Use a flathead screwdriver to push in and up to remove the red center divider from the harness. A pair of needle-nose pliers can help remove the divider.
4. With the red divider removed, the gray tabs adjacent to each individual female connector can be pushed toward the center of the harness. With the gray tab pushed to the center, the connectors can be pushed out of the back of the harness. A flathead screwdriver works great for this. You can use the edge of the blade to push the gray tab toward the center of the harness while pushing straight down to force the connector you are working with out the back of the harness.
5. The two wires you will be concerned with are the red/black and blue/red. Use the above procedure to remove these two wires from the harness and switch their positions. These two wires are positioned across from each other and should remain that way, only in opposite positions.
6. Reassemble the harness and plug it back together. Your fog lights should now come on with your parking lamps and the switch is still active.