General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

woot, 1st stang

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
ShaddowGt

Default woot, 1st stang

hey guys, just got the first stang in the family, its my brothers, but oh well. my fiero is still faster but, i kinda like it, pretty nice ride if i do say so myself. just thought id come say hi, seeing as hes not a forum kinda guy. anyone know of some good parts for this thing? im seeing stuff in the mags, but i dont know whats good, thought id ask the ppl that have tried it before. mainly looking for a nice CAI, and a good chip. any suggestions?

thanks!

-Shaddow
Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: woot, 1st stang

uhhh.. what year is it? he'd probably want to start off with new gears if he really wants to feel the power. those'll usually run you $500 for the gears, install, fluids, all that shat. maybe even cheaper depending on the place. then another $100 to recal your speedo. most start off modding their exhaust to get the sound they like. so get a new catback and midpipe, then CAI. whatever he does, make sure gears is near the top of his list.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:13 PM
ShaddowGt

aaaaaaahhhh, its a 95 srs v6 5spd.

when u guys say gears, are you referring to the rear end? im used to transaxels and changing the gears in those are never cheap

500 bucks is a bit much for my bro, he makes 6.00 an hour, so i was looking for some more inexpensive basic stuff for the guy. its his first car, and i know he cant handle too much power

any recomendations as to a good CAI and a chip? (something we can easily conceal from our dad, who doesnt want the car modded, he agrees that its too much for the little guy, but hey, i drive it too ) i figure the chip he wont ever see, and the CAI he has to open the hood for. he'd notice a nice new loud exhaust.

_shaddow
Old 05-19-2005, 12:06 AM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShaddowGt

aaaaaaahhhh, its a 95 srs v6 5spd.

when u guys say gears, are you referring to the rear end? im used to transaxels and changing the gears in those are never cheap

500 bucks is a bit much for my bro, he makes 6.00 an hour, so i was looking for some more inexpensive basic stuff for the guy. its his first car, and i know he cant handle too much power

any recomendations as to a good CAI and a chip? (something we can easily conceal from our dad, who doesnt want the car modded, he agrees that its too much for the little guy, but hey, i drive it too ) i figure the chip he wont ever see, and the CAI he has to open the hood for. he'd notice a nice new loud exhaust.

_shaddow
by the SRS are you meaning what it says on the dash, and stearing wheel? if so i do believe that means it has air bags
and as for A CAI you can get a cheap nice one off e-bay for 100 with shipping or 300 for a brand name one, ppl say that they are the same. exhaust will be a little more money, about $350+, and a chip will be a little more.
now these prices are just what i have been told. nothing is cheap, espeically he only makes $6.00/hr.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 AM
ShaddowGt

yah, it says it on both. that just means its got air bags? i knew it did, thought that was standard equipment on these things.

any recomendations as to a good chip make? ive been reading, and i see diablo, and superchips. which is preferred and why?

also, what kinda difference in fuel economy will be seen with a chip reprogram? + or -?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:28 AM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ya pretty sure that is what srs means.mine has it too
and as for "chips" most ppl here say to get a programmer. little more money but then you can set it to give you what you want. like more power or better gas milage.
not sure what kind is the best, i need to find that out too myself.