Different question regarding new purchase? - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Reload this Page >

Different question regarding new purchase?

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Different question regarding new purchase?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
80'smusclecarfan
1st Gear Member

Default Different question regarding new purchase?

I have a different question. I also dont want to post in the Dodge forums and maybe I'll get a unbiased answer. I really like the new Challenger and if I could swing one I would get the R/T model. I have heard that Chrysler maybe heading into some real problems and my question is what is the probability of the Challenger ceasing production? and if so would these cars be a worthwhile investment,worth anything if that happened.I dunno just shootin the s**t
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

As a real investment ANY car is a poor one.If you want to make money on an investment,buy into the the stock market.Right now stocks are at a major low and a good time to buy.

The proliferation of auction sales TV shows has caused buyers to think along the lines of buying a car and boxing it up and making a killing by selling it twenty years later.The truth of the matter is that if the same money is used to buy into a mutual fund or some kind of individual stock the gains would easily outrun the payoff of a potential sale of a car at a later date.

That being said,it's hard to have fun counting money!!!

Tooling around in a Ford GT would be hard to beat.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
80'smusclecarfan
1st Gear Member

I totally get what your saying.I'm not a money makin dude and never will be,hell 20 years from now gas cars may be in the minority.I'm still wondering if Chrysler could actually cease production! and if so would the cars be more desireable and maybe not decrease in value as much as the dreaded "soon as its off the lot its 5k less" syndrome.I just wouldn't want to end up with a white elephant(ya I know its 4000+lbs ha ha) I have a couple white elephants already.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

A few years ago a co-worker bought an Oldsmobile, nothing special just a boring midsize family car. When Oldsmobile got discontinued he DUMPED the car for fear he wouldn't be able to get the car serviced anymore