General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustang Vs Bicycle..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

if there is no police report...no case

but if there is then hopefully it says u were completely stopped

and he can demand how ever much he wants but will never get near what he wants maybe cost of a new bike and since he didnt go to the hosipital they cant make you pay medical expenses
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
jpac

IMO, The idiot is just looking to scare some money out of you. If there is no police report, he could still sue you but chances of that are (probably) slim and none.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

biker is wrong. As long as you have a police report let your insurance company handle it.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

If you were out of the crosswalk I'd say you have nothing to worry about, but if you were in it I'd say he might have a case.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Sidewalks are not for bikes. Bike are to follow all the rules of the road JUST LIKE A CAR.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jfsram
Sidewalks are not for bikes. Bike are to follow all the rules of the road JUST LIKE A CAR.
Bicycles are motor vehicles, by technicallity, and should follow the same rules as other vehicles, including motorized vehicles. They must be on the right side of the road for the fact that getting hit by a car thats doing 50 while you are moving 20 MPH in the same direction = 30 MPH hit as compared to a 70 MPH hit if you are going head on into the car.

If you were stopped and he hit you. He has no case. He refused to go to a hospital to get checked out. He has no case. He clearly hit the SIDE or your car and was not hit by the front of your car, as noted by the *claimed* dent. He has no case.

I hit a bicyclist in a dark intersection and knocked him clear to the other side of the intersection, totaling his bike in the process. The kid was mentally retarded (slow) and even the police noticed it. He should have yeilded to me, based on the conditions of the intersection and the time of night. Plus, when I'm on my bike I expect drivers (I live in NJ) to come flying thru the intersection and take my *** out and any biker will tell you the same. Expect the drivers to NOT see you.

I didn't get hit with a ticket because of the fact that it was a VERY dark intersection at midnight and the kid was wearing dark clothes, but my insu did get involved. The kid wanted his med bills paid, but since he only suffered small cuts to his fingers and a minor bruise, my insu company said no. He tried to get money for a new bike, but the adjuster did some good research and found out it was a VERY old bike sold at Toys R Us many years ago and only valued at $20. They paid him the $20 for the value of his bike and since he couldn't produce the "claimed" bike light (which would have helped me SEE him) that I "broke," they refused to believe him or reimburse for it.

Bottom line. He hit you from the side. While you were stopped. And he refused to take medical treatment. As far as I understand, if you refuse treatment, you waive the right to sue for bodily injury. The most he could do is try to sue you for the bike, but, again, he hit the side of your car, while you were stopped. He really has no case that he could win.

But then again, Stella knew the coffee was hot......

Last edited by Clu7ch; 12-26-2008 at 02:23 PM.