General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please I need FAST help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 AM
demspurs

im not paying for it , my parents r ... lol that sounded like im a rich snoby kid. well no like there going to pay for it cuz i NEEED a car ... but whats so bad about it being a revuilt salvage?? i never understood.. like he fixed it all up it looks great the motor is great car runs great... whats bad about it ?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by demspurs
im not paying for it , my parents r ... lol that sounded like im a rich snoby kid. well no like there going to pay for it cuz i NEEED a car ... but whats so bad about it being a revuilt salvage?? i never understood.. like he fixed it all up it looks great the motor is great car runs great... whats bad about it ?
Whats bad about it is you're taking someone's word on a car they're trying to sell. That usually ends badly. Add to that the fact that it's a salvage, to just about anyone thats a huge red flag...

Just giving some friendly advice, I'd hate to see a 16yr old kid get ripped off on his 1st car. Like I said, for 8500 bucks, you can find a clean one, so why even risk it? I'm actually surprised your parents are even considering it.

On a side note, is this a v6 or GT?

Last edited by MOOK3456; 10-07-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
demspurs

It's a gt v8
Old 10-07-2010, 08:50 AM
demspurs

well my parents werent relly considering it they were like WHAT a salvage title?, but u know me im just a kid i really wanted it , so what there going to do is like there going to take it to a trusted mechanic to do a 100% inspection to see if its good to buy or not. but the guy thats selling it hes like "super clean engine, no leaks" wich makes it kinda suspiscoius. it has no inspection stickers, and he has no pics of the damage before it was repairs, he said " dont worry how it looked back then" then he said " worry about how it looks now "
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by demspurs
well my parents werent relly considering it they were like WHAT a salvage title?, but u know me im just a kid i really wanted it , so what there going to do is like there going to take it to a trusted mechanic to do a 100% inspection to see if its good to buy or not. but the guy thats selling it hes like "super clean engine, no leaks" wich makes it kinda suspiscoius. it has no inspection stickers, and he has no pics of the damage before it was repairs, he said " dont worry how it looked back then" then he said " worry about how it looks now "
Yeah, thats an odd thing to say lol "no leaks". But if you guys do have a really good mechanic and he FULLY checks out the entire car and ok's it..That is a hard deal to pass up for a GT... First thing I would do is get the vin and get a full history report, even before paying a mechanic to look at it. Could be a flood car or something.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM
demspurs

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Yeah, thats an odd thing to say lol "no leaks". But if you guys do have a really good mechanic and he FULLY checks out the entire car and ok's it..That is a hard deal to pass up for a GT... First thing I would do is get the vin and get a full history report, even before paying a mechanic to look at it. Could be a flood car or something.
well he said the only thing that was messed up on it was " fender, bumper, and drivers side corner" but he got it all fixed and it looks great now. but its a private party sale. so i dont know how im going to take it to a mechanic before i buy it. if this guy will let us
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

where in texas are you?

and you don't understand the thing with the title because your still a kid, no offence. you haven't bought cars, sold cars, made payments on cars, etc... this is something you can either trust us on, or you can go ahead and do what you want and live with your decision.

i personally wouldnt ever buy a salvage title car for 8500$, more like half that. if your hell bent on buying this car, ATLEAST try to get him to knock some money from the asking price. its 8500$ now, but you still have to pay TTL, so all said and done its going to be more like a 10,000$ investment for a SCRAP titled car. its not a smart move.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 AM
demspurs

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
where in texas are you?

and you don't understand the thing with the title because your still a kid, no offence. you haven't bought cars, sold cars, made payments on cars, etc... this is something you can either trust us on, or you can go ahead and do what you want and live with your decision.

i personally wouldnt ever buy a salvage title car for 8500$, more like half that. if your hell bent on buying this car, ATLEAST try to get him to knock some money from the asking price. its 8500$ now, but you still have to pay TTL, so all said and done its going to be more like a 10,000$ investment for a SCRAP titled car. its not a smart move.
the guy wants 8500$ , in $4000 down, and the rest in 250$ payments.. my mom offfered him 7500 cash, but he said no .. but i know wut ur trying to say, thats y my parents r going to take it to a mechanic to do a 100% inspection..
Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
19stang88
3rd Gear Member

with $7500 can find like a very nice mustang. Like it will even b fast and like cool. Best of all, with a $7500-8500 Car it can like b a clean title
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
demspurs

Well I asked him for the Vin # he gave me the vin for a 04 suburban , I asked him for the mustang one and he said hel said it later... Do u think he's lieing? Lol

Quick Reply: Please I need FAST help.