General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

help asap pleasE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:02 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

Default help asap pleasE!!!!

hey yea i was drivin to work this mornin and um suddenly i lost my fuel pressure...so i turn it oiff and try to turn it back on like ive done before and it just wouldnt start again?? it cranks and everything but just doesnt turn over, it seemed like it tried to the first couple times but this afternoon it didnt even try...ive had fuel pressure related problems before so im gonna guess its gonna be the same, as fuel pump and/or filter?? i have no other idea what else it could be, my tranny is messed up a little but it would still start if that was all that was wrong(i think)....um just any advice/opinions/ideas anything would be helpful and asap cuz i cant check fuel pressure if it wont turn over....and i just recently replaced the pump like week and a half ago..but the tank was dirty so i figured that was why it went out, so i drained tank and put new one on and it ran fine again....so yea help asap!!! thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Default RE: help asap pleasE!!!!

did you blow a fuse??Check to make sure you have power to the pump.Chances are there is no way the fuel filter instanly clogged up and it lost all fuel pressure so either the pump is bad or the fuse blew
Old 09-15-2005, 05:21 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

how do i check the fuse, if ur still on-go to chat or hit me up on msn?
thanks
speedracer_x_69@hotmail.com is my msn
i dont think it would be a fuse, but the pump would go out just like that?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Could something have tripped the fuel pump shutoff in the trunk?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chopper

Could something have tripped the fuel pump shutoff in the trunk?
exactly what I was thinking.

It could just as easily be the fuse. Go to any pep-boys, autozone or possibly even walmart. They sell some extra fuses and often times, a small led tester with two prongs and you can test the fuses without even taking them out. You'll be able to find out in the car's manual which one is for the fuel pump.

The fuel pump shut-off in the trunk should be near the taillight. In my car, it's near the drivers side taillight. Don't remember if you have to pull back any of the trunk lining to get to it.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:41 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: p0rsche23

hey yea i was drivin to work this mornin and um suddenly i lost my fuel pressure...so i turn it oiff and try to turn it back on like ive done before and it just wouldnt start again?? it cranks and everything but just doesnt turn over, it seemed like it tried to the first couple times but this afternoon it didnt even try...ive had fuel pressure related problems before so im gonna guess its gonna be the same, as fuel pump and/or filter?? i have no other idea what else it could be, my tranny is messed up a little but it would still start if that was all that was wrong(i think)....um just any advice/opinions/ideas anything would be helpful and asap cuz i cant check fuel pressure if it wont turn over....and i just recently replaced the pump like week and a half ago..but the tank was dirty so i figured that was why it went out, so i drained tank and put new one on and it ran fine again....so yea help asap!!! thanks
was there any air in the line when you put on the new fuel pump?

Old 09-16-2005, 06:22 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

Default Thanks for help

lol yeah it took me a while to find which fuse it was since ihave no manual withthe car but yea i went to autozone and got one for pretty cheap and that fixed, thats dumb..anything special that would cause a fuse to randomly blow??....i was thinking i guess since i replaced the fuel pump recently or something....i dont know....but thanks for the help, um ya yall like the new pic in my avatar...what kind of hood is that..cobra oem style or something like that? i think thats what it said it was called on some mustang hood retailer online...lol, also since i have some of yalls attention, what color/size of racing stripes u think would look good on my car?....
thanks
james

p.s. thanks again for all the replies even though it was something simple like the fuse
also no there was no air in the fuel line when i replaced it, i forgot to release the fuel pressure when i took the line off the filter and got sprayed in the face [:'(] not a good taste, and kinda burns the eyes,lol
Old 09-17-2005, 01:56 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Thanks for help

Some white stripes would look good, 6 inch wide, two of them right down the middle about 4 inches apart.