General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Fox Body VS SN95

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Fox Body VS SN95

ORIGINAL: Leadfoot
Welcome to the real world!

run crystal, run!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leadfoot
That's the plan! We live in an upscale neighborhood and most of the kids here are given cars from their parents as soon as they turn 16 because it's more convenient for the them.

Not us. If she wants a car, she will be a responsible owner. She will pay for the car itself, gas, all maintenance costs, registration and insurance. We figure if she pays for all of it, then she will take really good care of it. If she messes up, she will have to save up from scratch for another one.

Welcome to the real world!
Ah, that's the way! Then when all her friends are driving their 'fancy' cars, she can make fun of them and beat them in a race... on the drag strip of course. Never on the street. [sm=grinangel.gif]

I used to make fun of my friends that had cars their parents bought them... "Hey, I really like your mom's car!" Ah, gets 'em every time. How about a convertible for her? [sm=smiley20.gif] (once again, shameless plug)
Old 11-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

LOL!! She likes to drive "Mom's Car". It's a V8 Mustang convertible!!

She has driven my convertible quite a bit and has decided to get a coupe.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Party_kid

I would accually have to say NO to the vert, that is the best way to get killed. I prefer some metal over my head.

The coupe is still a more ridgewd vehicle. which equates better more predictable cornoring.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 AM
BlkWidow
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if Crystal is set on a 5.0 or not, but I noticed you said you found a '94GT for $5,999. w/84K miles. Two years ago, I bought my '98GT w/84,213 miles for $6,900. (blk/blk/5-spd/Mach 460/power everything). I've spent exactly $60.00 to replace a pinion seal (other than regular maintenance) in the two years I've had her. I've had her from Middle TN to SE Fla & back twice, without a single hiccup & I've put over 34K miles on her total. She burns no oil, no gas & has no leaks anywhere.

The styling isn't much different at all, except for the taillights. HP rating for '94 is 215 & for the '98 is 225. Not much of a difference - especially if you're wanting the 5.0 more than the 4.6.

Crystal definitely seems to have a good head on her shoulders - I think the V6-V8 argument is kind of pointless. You guys are a lot farther south than I am, so I doubt that snow & ice factor in too much. We had exactly two days last winter w/ice. (Just long enough to wear out a few parking lots...)

You obviously have faith & trust in her or you wouldn't be considering a GT to start with. You two have a great relationship & I suspect you know more about her driving skills than most parents do. I love the Fox body - but safety-wise, I would have to go with the airbags. Too darn many cell-phone talking SUV drivers out there nowadays.

Good luck with your search. Keep us posted...
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

The big difference between a '94/95 and a 98+ with low miles is $$$$$$. I will buy according to what is in my savings account in June. My parents don't mind helping a little, but there is a limit.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 PM
StrokemyNotch
2nd Gear Member

SSOO have you lost your virginity yet?? hehehehh

cause a sn95 stang would definitly help.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Idrum88
2nd Gear Member

i got a 5.0 in my stang..i was only 16 when i got it..only cuz the v6 blew up....but im not dead yet.....and i know that car will kill me so i respect it, get a v8 though....cuz u will be wondering why u didnt later on....trust me
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StrokemyNotch

SSOO have you lost your virginity yet?? hehehehh

cause a sn95 stang would definitly help.

Not yet! Haven't met a guy worth losing it to. I am in no hurry. Just waiting for my Prince Charming on his white horse. LOL!!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Good luck with everything. Def get an 8 though. The first day I got my 5.0 (about 2-2 1/2 years ago) it was snowing and my dad wouldnt let me drive it home bc of the weather and bc I could barely see over the hood (4' cowl ), and didnt have my liscense. and since I paid for it and he was shorter than me (dont think Im a midget, LOL im 5'8' now) I wouldnt let him drive it home either so we had it towed. The first 10 minutes after I got it home I took it across the street into a parking lot and was pulling some 360s and slid into a dumpster. Thank god it wasnt badly hurt but just learned my lesson.

Quick Reply: Fox Body VS SN95