General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

"***WHAT U GOT***"

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:35 PM
muztanggurl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: "***WHAT U GOT***"

2003 Grey GT 5 Speed

SLP "Loud Mouth" Exhaust, Underdrive Pulleys, and K&N Cold air kit.

Next up: is an X-pipe and headers (SLP).... and a short throw shifter, and...... the list goes on....

No HP, No times, mostly because the lack of resources. Would love to get on a dyno, or to the track to see what the car can do.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:52 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: "***WHAT U GOT***"

ORIGINAL: SpeedRicer

ok...YOU got a good deal, way to go chief. but the average person is going to have to invest around what...450-500? all in all, tb is NOT a good deal for the money, there are obvious facts here man, i'm not trying to <EM>just</EM> prove you wrong.

What are you getting, a gold plated T/B ????

If you are paying over 400 dollars for a T/B and Plenum, bend over and grab your ankles.

Most combos run for around 350 bucks, and thats with a (oversized IMO) 75MM.

MM&FF dynoed an improvement of like 10 HP on a stock setup with the plenum alone. T/B and plenum on a stock or mild setup should give you anywhere from 10 to 20 HP. The only T/B i have seen that acutally robs HP is a 75mm on a stock engine. Its simply to big. A 70MM should be fine.

HOWEVER, I have to say before getting a T/B and plenum, I would get: Gears, filter box, mufflers.