Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

@#$%$@

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
kingfish

Default @#$%$@

New gt and 900 miles ,not even broken in yet and want more power. I know it is all in my head ,but I feel like my car is not as fast as it was a week ago. Anyone else dealing or dealt with this.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: @#$%$@

ORIGINAL: kingfish

New gt and 900 miles ,not even broken in yet and want more power. I know it is all in my head ,but I feel like my car is not as fast as it was a week ago. Anyone else dealing or dealt with this.
Kingfish,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Apparently you have the first symptoms of Idonthavenufpoeritis. In it's early stages it seems treatable. Do a tune, add some mods, feels like you got more power. But unfortunately the disease is degenerative and only gets worse. Ultimately you'll add a supercharger, gears, aircraft fuel, gut the interior, use drag sligs...nothing will satify.You'll find some on this forum like Chevykiller that have progressed so far they're ready to try thermal nuclear reactor devices to produce MORE POWER. The best scenario you can hope for is to cope and warn other poor souls before they go off that slippery slope. I know because my car today is absolutely slower than when I drove it off the lot.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
kingfish

lol. Thanks for the support.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

The new GT is the designer drug of choice for motorheads. The more power you get, the more you want. You get a fix and soon your tolerance level goes up and you need more and more to get the same high. It is an epedemic! Maybe we should consider forming a support group. Only problem with that is I don't know any recovering Stangaholics.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:46 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I hope to treat my most current desire for more power with a turbo for my '06 very soon. But, from having had several Mustangs over the last 9 years I know it will only get worse as I try to treat the problem.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
kingfish

Have any of yall tried the step on the gas pedal with ignition on and then turn it off and wait a couple of seconds to get rid of throttle lag.I saw that on another post and was wondering if it really worked or does it add up to bs. Yeah the turbo would be good, or the engine from a 747.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kingfish

Have any of yall tried the step on the gas pedal with ignition on and then turn it off and wait a couple of seconds to get rid of throttle lag.I saw that on another post and was wondering if it really worked or does it add up to bs. Yeah the turbo would be good, or the engine from a 747.
GT-747 - sounds good to me!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Maybe a solid booster from a space shuttle for highway passing lanes. Hmmmm.....
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
grafix66
1st Gear Member

Resetting the drive by wire does work. I was suspicious myself before trying it. Goes like this:
1. Turn on key (don't start the car!) and wait for dashboard lights to settle down.
2. Slowly push down the throttle to the floor counting to yourself one-two-three.
3. Quickly release the throttle.
4. Turn off key.
5. Start the car and drive.
Try it...you'll like it!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
drf
1st Gear Member

Hey, I came from a RAM SRT-10 (Viper truck/500HP and 505ft-lbs).

Had a 2002 C5 'Vette before that.

The Mustang GT is nicer ride - easy to mod - retro muscle-car look - I get many more head-turns and complements than with the other two.

The SRT-10 did turn me into a horse-power junkie, though ......

See below for the extent of my "fix".