Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got car back from the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default Got car back from the dealer...

She came back to me today.

I'm quite aggravated as:
1: They didn't fix my radio issue I've been complaining about for MONTHS (Skipper 500)... Said "Unable to replicate, ahaha!"
2: Didn't fix the issue with the steering column making noises (same story as above.)
3: Didn't fix my CEL/Stall issue!

On that last note, they pulled a code from the car. P0506, I believe "Idle lower than expected."

The suspect is a bad ICV or out of whack computerfoolery.

They say that, before they can work on the car, I have to return the CAI & Exhaust to stock...

Anyone know what might be up here? I don't want to deal with those folks again only to have them say "OK. Here's the issue. We're not fixing it, since your car is modified. Here's another (yeah, I got one today too) $140 bill to get your car back from us."

At least they fixed my door handles and the trim issues I had... But for $140 bucks I coulda bought new trim that's better than OE!

Haha...

*In sad, defeated, "I just got raped" voice* Help?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got car back from the dealer...

Wow, i have had my raido replaced and all i had to say was "This is broke" and they without question replaced my raido in 30 minutes.

-W
Old 04-12-2006, 08:14 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

That only worked the FIRST time I had them replace it.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

You should talk to their manager and explain to them that your mods have absolutely nothing to do with the problem and it is illegal for them to deny you the warranty unless they can prove that yous mods are indeed the cause of the problem. For your radio, the shaker head units arent the best, might want to save up for a new one, but the dealer needs to understand that you are the daily driver and you are not just bringing the car in for "fun". It is a waste of your time and you dont need to be in there, so they need to address the problem or you will take this up with ford customer care. (Dealers hate when they are rated low by customers to Ford)
Old 04-13-2006, 01:20 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Yeah... I just don't want to **** them off since they can make my life quite miserable.

A little help on these issues, guys?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

I agree, you shouldnt **** them off, but they should know their place as well and that they work for you, not the other way around. The customer is always right. Try to reason with them i guess. Worst case, take your mods off and then take it in. Although you shouldnt have to do this, unless it is your mods that are causing the problem. and if that doesnt work and you dont want to get pissed at them lol, you might want to find another dealer around you if there is one. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:23 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it seems like my disks in slot 4 and 5 skip about mid way through the cd on each one. My big problem I have to get fixed is my gas tank. I'm going to wait until school is out in a month to get that taken care of. Its the deal with the gas gauge not reading properly sometimes. It hasn't had a glitch up in about a month, but when it does it will scare you. Watching it drop from half a tank to empty and back up got me one morning. Thank goodness that was the last time I had to problem.