Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What's up with the 03/04 Mach 1's

ORIGINAL: hdawg06

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Hey undefeated, you went on Mach1registry forums? Man, those guys have some kind of high opinions of their 03/04 Machs. I mean, I think those cars are awesome........but ask those guys who will win.....anything vs. the Mach, and they win everytime. I just read a thread a while ago on there where the guy claimed to have spanked a GTO, and then immediately after he ran neck in neck with a Ford GT up until 90mph.......and this is on the street. Oh, and for the LS1 guys.........they think stock for stock the Mach 1 will "spank" an LS1 F-body. It's rediculous. I'm glad I decided to come to a site with a variety of car enthusiasts........cuz fanboy back-patting is retarded.

I'm sorry to tell you, that I witnessed a stock mach1 beat a 02 TA WS6(with exhaust) by about 4cars. FBodys weigh over 400lbs more, and make the same horse as a 4v. Also, Fbodys can't launch worth a ****. Even a good driver has a tough time doing it.

my buddy has a mach 1..o/r x and a CAI..my other buddy has a convertible automatic z28 ls1...when the mach was stock, and the ls1 had a cutout, the ls1 won, by about 1/2 car to a car..when the mach had the o/r x he won by about 1 car 1/2...remeber though, the ls1 was automatic, a convertible (more weight) and since it was auto and a vert it had like 2.73's out back..mach's had 3.55's

Old 05-28-2006, 04:41 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

When I go to the track I don't care who gets lined up next to me and expect to loose a few races. What really surprised me is that I raced a blown Mach I and beat him. The same night I beat this 06 GTO 3 times. The mach had drag radials and the GTO street tires. I had srteet tires. The difference? I launched from idle and didn't power shift. They launched at high RPMs and broke loose and I imagine when they tried to catch up with me, broke loose again in second. On a different night I beat 2 different GTOs and a midly modified Z-28. (he mentioned exhaust, CAI and gears) All these was the driver. I also lost my share of races and most of them I expected it and a few surprised me. Its all for fun!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:13 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

Hey undefeated, you went on Mach1registry forums? Man, those guys have some kind of high opinions of their 03/04 Machs. I mean, I think those cars are awesome........but ask those guys who will win.....anything vs. the Mach, and they win everytime. I just read a thread a while ago on there where the guy claimed to have spanked a GTO, and then immediately after he ran neck in neck with a Ford GT up until 90mph.......and this is on the street. Oh, and for the LS1 guys.........they think stock for stock the Mach 1 will "spank" an LS1 F-body. It's rediculous. I'm glad I decided to come to a site with a variety of car enthusiasts........cuz fanboy back-patting is retarded.

I'm sorry to tell you, that I witnessed a stock mach1 beat a 02 TA WS6(with exhaust) by about 4cars. FBodys weigh over 400lbs more, and make the same horse as a 4v. Also, Fbodys can't launch worth a ****. Even a good driver has a tough time doing it.

my buddy has a mach 1..o/r x and a CAI..my other buddy has a convertible automatic z28 ls1...when the mach was stock, and the ls1 had a cutout, the ls1 won, by about 1/2 car to a car..when the mach had the o/r x he won by about 1 car 1/2...remeber though, the ls1 was automatic, a convertible (more weight) and since it was auto and a vert it had like 2.73's out back..mach's had 3.55's

irrelivent, the 4L60-E is just as fast as a stick, and with just a shift kit is faster
Old 05-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

When I go to the track I don't care who gets lined up next to me and expect to loose a few races. What really surprised me is that I raced a blown Mach I and beat him. The same night I beat this 06 GTO 3 times. The mach had drag radials and the GTO street tires. I had srteet tires. The difference? I launched from idle and didn't power shift. They launched at high RPMs and broke loose and I imagine when they tried to catch up with me, broke loose again in second. On a different night I beat 2 different GTOs and a midly modified Z-28. (he mentioned exhaust, CAI and gears) All these was the driver. I also lost my share of races and most of them I expected it and a few surprised me. Its all for fun!!!
Is this head's up or bracket racing?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I didn't mean to imply that Mach 1's can't beat LS1 F-bodies stock for stock........I was just saying that the Mach 1 guys on that website act like it would be a slaughter. And I'm sorry, but I just have yet to see a stock Mach 1 "spank" a stock LS1 F-body at the track. Modded Mach 1's.....yes. But the few "stock" Mach 1's I've seen run were in the mid 13's mostly. But in the end, it really all comes down to the driver.......which was my whole point in the first place..................and one that the Mach 1 guys just wouldn't accept.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:43 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Is this head's up or bracket racing?

Heads up.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

ORIGINAL: firestang70

OK. This has ben discussed before. The Machs have 5 more hp, their redline is a little higher. Our cars are a little heavier. Stock for stock they should be close with 1 or 2 tenths. A good driver can swing the balance either way. At my local tracks they are mid 13s stock. A buddys 04 is running a best of 12.7s with DRs and some simple boltons. In the twisties its not even close a S197 will spank a Mach or LS1. On the straights a LS1 will kill our cars stock for stock. A 5.7 versus 4.6, its an easy one. Enjoy rides fellas you all have bad rides!
i hate to tell you but machs are underrated by atleast 15 HP, and if you say a stang will outhandel an f-body then me and you have driven two different kinds of F-bodies, cause the one i drove, handeled pretty damn good

the 05 s197 chassis is 20% stiffer than a fox chassis with a 10-point roll cage...
you guys were talkin about the same f-bodies, but different stangs...

ive raced a couple machs and lost to one. i was stock and he had intake, tune, and exhaust, and i lost by a car and a half.

ive raced a number of ls1's too. won most, lost a handfull, and been demolished by a couple...though i was modded
Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

There's a guy in my local club with a Mach1. They're fast....but they can't "Hand it" to the S197's. It's basically a drivers race. I think his dynoed at 305RWHP with a few basic mods.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:38 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

2 stats, according to the same source.

Mach 1: 1/4 in 13.22
S197 GT: 1/4 in 13.5

marginally faster. bottom line? pick which one u want based on styling etc. the mach is marginally faster, has a bit more potential, but its by no means GOD. they are sweet as hell but apparently overrated (speed wise).
Old 05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

i beat a few mach 1's, they are fast but they couldn't hang. I pretty much tied a supercharged mach 1... this was all a the track. My fastest time that day was a 12.99 and the mojority of the times were hot laps anywhere between 13.10 and 13.30