Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

..................... what was that supposed to mean....??
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar

It is the Manager's and owners decision how much a car is marked up.. period.

You actually think that a manager gets to decide if a brand new shelby should be marked up or not? I know if I was an owner of a ford dealership, that sure wouldnt slide just because one of my probably 5 or so managers wants to do his nephew a favor and if you had at least half a brain you would agree. And that he is going to lose probably up to 15k at least because his nephew wants one? I dont think so buddy. I am sure that a manager at a ford dealership, especially one that doesnt own it, couldnt and wouldnt sell a car like a shelby for MSRP right now. And when did I ever say that a Ford CEO marks up cars???....never. I said maybe a family member of a Ford CEO one could get one at MSRP. So obviously you are the idiot for not reading my post correctly.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:17 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

I am getting a black or red at MSRP in about two to four weeks, it can be done; just depends on where you are at in terms of who you know... Yes, there are many who will pay way over MSRP; however there are a few who will through different reasons be able to get hooked up. We should be happy for our fellow forum member and not be angry because he is fortunate...

I like the black...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

You actually think that a manager gets to decide if a brand new shelby should be marked up or not? I know if I was an owner of a ford dealership, that sure wouldnt slide just because one of my probably 5 or so managers wants to do his nephew a favor and if you had at least half a brain you would agree. And that he is going to lose probably up to 15k at least because his nephew wants one? I dont think so buddy. I am sure that a manager at a ford dealership, especially one that doesnt own it, couldnt and wouldnt sell a car like a shelby for MSRP right now. And when did I ever say that a Ford CEO marks up cars???....never. I said maybe a family member of a Ford CEO one could get one at MSRP. So obviously you are the idiot for not reading my post correctly
Yes moron a manager does decide. That is the way car sales go. If the owner says he needs final approval from him then that is done. As I said before being a family member of a ford ceo is just a RIDICULUS statement to say. I read your post correctly. I know what you meant, and its just IDIOTIC.

Like I said before I am 30 years old and I have bought every car I have owned from my uncle.
If you knew anything you'd know that a loyal customer is more important than a quick 15k. You will make much more in the long run. I have bought ten cars from him. You OBVIOUSLY know nothing!
There ARE dealerships out there that are selling for MSRP to regular customers, and some that are selling for 2.5-5k over. You need to do some research dipshiat and stop believing all the rumors. YES they are selling for very high sometimes 20 over but that was at the first craze news, and that is to people that are simply idiots now. Do me a favor .. go to www.fordgt500.com and learn something before you open your smartass mouth. You are the one with half a brain. Ask people what they are paying.. the people that have actually hunted for them instead of asking the first dealership they come across... MORON.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

And to add my uncle is the OWNER not the manager as I said before smartass. He knows keeping a loyal customer is more important and VALUABLE than making a quick 15k.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

BTW thanks cort.

I come here for opinions on a color and I get these guys.....
I guess it goes to show what kinda people are out there.
One things forsure.. they arent giving mustang enthusiasts a good name with all this crap.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

I come here for opinions on a color and I get these guys.....
I guess it goes to show what kinda people are out there.
One things forsure.. they arent giving mustang enthusiasts a good name with all this crap.
Well, you have to forgive them a little bit - the internet is where BS is born (ask Al Gore!)...

That said, I am sure I speak for at least some portion of the non-GT500 owning crowd when I say please ejoy the car and take car of it so we can marvel at it 30 years from now as a demonstration of automotive absurdity (in the most complimentary way), just like we do with all muscle cars from the 60's and 70's now...

At least I can say I don't envy the part about having to worry about other people trashing my collector's item. It hurts enough to think about someone trashing my infinitely replaceable (shh - don't tell her I said that), plan Ol' GT.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

Yes moron a manager does decide. That is the way car sales go. If the owner says he needs final approval from him then that is done. As I said before being a family member of a ford ceo is just a RIDICULUS statement to say. I read your post correctly. I know what you meant, and its just IDIOTIC.

Like I said before I am 30 years old and I have bought every car I have owned from my uncle.
If you knew anything you'd know that a loyal customer is more important than a quick 15k. You will make much more in the long run. I have bought ten cars from him. You OBVIOUSLY know nothing!
There ARE dealerships out there that are selling for MSRP to regular customers, and some that are selling for 2.5-5k over. You need to do some research dipshiat and stop believing all the rumors. YES they are selling for very high sometimes 20 over but that was at the first craze news, and that is to people that are simply idiots now. Do me a favor .. go to www.fordgt500.com and learn something before you open your smartass mouth. You are the one with half a brain. Ask people what they are paying.. the people that have actually hunted for them instead of asking the first dealership they come across... MORON.

Okay, well I am not even going to argue with you. If I didnt know better you work at a dealership with the bullsh*t you are saying, they want your money, not a long lasting relationship for years and years. So basically, just post your Shelby when you get it....i would love to see it!! lol Personally, I would take the 15k extra over some fake *** friendship. good luck with the sale!! oh yeah and name calling isnt tough in person and it sure isnt over the internet.[:-]
Old 07-27-2006, 03:23 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

I'm going to have to agree with the white with blue stripes...it'll look great and be more reasonable when it comes to upkeep.