Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

which longtubes ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: which longtubes ?

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Check out the Dynatech L/T setup. All inclusive and excellent quality.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28178/4D7036DD809942C2B3E1DF413C21E40D.jpg[/IMG]
Those look sweet as hell... thats an offroad setup right? No cats?
They have cats bolted right to the collector. There are several running this setup and are having great results. I know that there was one that had problems from a cat or something,. but there seemed to be more to that story.

The nice thing is that they come with EVERTHING from bolts and gaskets to o2 extensions. Nothing to add or buy.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:09 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

We can set you up with a great deal on any of the LT's that we carry. Take a look and PM me which ones you are interested in and I will do what I can to earn your business. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

CLICK HERE FOR LONGTUBE HEADERS!!

Jared, any particular LT's that you have personally tried or would recommend? You can PM me any suggestions if thats better..
Old 08-24-2006, 05:12 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

They have cats bolted right to the collector. There are several running this setup and are having great results.
That setup would be more free flowing than leaving our stock cats and adding just a set of lontubes correct?

but there seemed to be more to that story.
There always is [8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

well.. i dont mind buying the offroad ones because im not really thinking of putting the x pipes and catbacks soon.... maybe some later time... aand thats for a reason, the reason is cops..

so my list is going to be

1)LTH's ( tell me the best in power )
2)custom tune with jlt 2 CAI
3)aluminum drive shaft
4)4.10's
5)shifter

that will stay for a long time... untill my warranty weares off.. but then after it goes.. ill start putting stuff like pullies,better alternators and water pump,and if my cams were damaged im gonna get bbr cams + head...

my mission is to make it as fast as possible and as legal sounding and looking as possible...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:50 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

No long tube set will bolt up to the factory exhaust. You cannot use the factory cats and h-pipe without major modification. As far as the high flow cats, yes, they flow much better than the factory ones.

Saud, you won't be able to do it the way you want with L/T's, unless you have an exhaust shop completely refabricate the factory exhaust. You are much better off getting a set that comes with matching cats and x-pipe. Otherwise it is no longer a bolt on deal. It will be louder even with the factory mufflers.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

No long tube set will bolt up to the factory exhaust. You cannot use the factory cats and h-pipe without major modification. As far as the high flow cats, yes, they flow much better than the factory ones.

Saud, you won't be able to do it the way you want with L/T's, unless you have an exhaust shop completely refabricate the factory exhaust. You are much better off getting a set that comes with matching cats and x-pipe. Otherwise it is no longer a bolt on deal. It will be louder even with the factory mufflers.

damn it... i was really looking forward to it... the problem my firend is that i dont want my parents to notice the mods.. hehe cuz my father thinks my mustang is a killing car to all that power under the hood, so for musiccitygt's reply ... im totally between 4 walls now.. i dont know how to wake my mustangs power..

ok well can anyone make this clear ?

a friend said that putting the 4.10's alone will make me keep shifting QUICK and wont be able to cruise normally he said if i installed a longtube headers and a shifter + a tune it will make me shift like i used with stock but with better power, so is it true ?? i got the shifter and 4.10's what should be my next ? aluminum dirve shaft or jlt 2 CAI + tune ?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Definately intake and tune... you wont notice a difference in driving from a driveshaft.. thats just weight reduction.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:18 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

The 4:10's will only change the rpm band by 300 rpm's, so your friend is exxagerating the fact that you have to shift a lot more. This is an awesome mod and great bang for the buck. As for the tuner and CAI, the tuner will be needed to reset the speedometer after the gear change and a new tune and CAI will really bring the car to life. As for the shifter, it will help with missed gears etc. IMO, considering your situation, I would do all of the above until Dad's hearing gets worse and he doesn't notice the exhaust mods![8D] LOL...
Old 08-25-2006, 05:32 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

The 4:10's will only change the rpm band by 300 rpm's, so your friend is exxagerating the fact that you have to shift a lot more. This is an awesome mod and great bang for the buck. As for the tuner and CAI, the tuner will be needed to reset the speedometer after the gear change and a new tune and CAI will really bring the car to life. As for the shifter, it will help with missed gears etc. IMO, considering your situation, I would do all of the above until Dad's hearing gets worse and he doesn't notice the exhaust mods![8D] LOL...

ok musiccitygt forget the longtubes and driveshafts for a second but please everyone prove me whats correct..

I just came from a mustnag meeting and i told few guys that ill be installing 4.10's on my mustang and everyone said i should get 3.73 and the reason i should get them is that because they said the 4.10's will make my top speed to almost 200 KPH adn thats it and will also make my 1st gear to 40 and 2nd to 100 and 3rd to 150.. etc i mean shortened gears ... for example.. ( ITs like putting a smaller front sprocket on a quad bike which makes the power in the take off only and reduce the top end speed.. )

the guys said they tried it on a 5.0 mustang and the sn-95 models ... so im going nuts if i either should get it exchanged to 3.73 or keep them ..

my mustang is a daily driver i drive in the city and on the highways and i also streetrace ( OFFROAD )...
Old 08-26-2006, 12:25 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I am not much on KPH, but MPH, I run 80 mph at 2800 rpm's. I can hit 130 to 135 before looking for 5th gear. In reality, the top end will be higher by a little as the car will be in its power band and aerodynamic drag will not have as bad of an effect. If you still had your automatic, I would agree with the 3.73 ratio, but with the 5 speed stick, go 4:10. If you plan on going over 150+ for long distances, all I can say is yes, the 4:10's WILL get you over the 150+ mark.

Quick Reply: which longtubes ?