Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dodge Magmum Hemi Kill

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
CTE
1st Gear Member

Default Dodge Magmum Hemi Kill

Now I realize this is not much of a feat, after all the Magnum Hemi weighs a ton, but it was that way it unfolded that was funny.

I'm at a light minding my own business, thinking of the "honey do" list witing for me at home.

Up rolls the Magnum Hemi, starts putting on a show for me, obvious challenge.

Ok, I'm in, light turns green, and off we go, had him from the start and was pulling away.

So I slow a bit let him come up next to me, wave good bye, and leave him in the dust.

Now for the rest of the story. My wife and daughter were right behind me at the light, and I didn't know it. Caught the whole show, then I caught a bit of it when I got home. They didn't understand while I was pulling away ,why I slowed, then I told them about the wave... :-)

I don't go looking for these things, but just couldn't let it pass. What was the other guy thinking?

Just love the GT....

CTE aka Scubadog.....
Old 09-03-2006, 06:40 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dodge Magmum Hemi Kill

I hear ya man. Try having the wife sleeping in the car waking up to you racing some A@@hole who was just trying to cut you off 2 seconds ago. Most of them just don't get it, but if you have a wife who does.. KEEP HER !! lol.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:46 PM
CTE
1st Gear Member

Her response since I got the car was that if, and more than likely when, I get a ticket, she is going shopping with the amount equal to the fine. Irony here is she coordinated the driving school at the local community college for those of us who get tickets and need to recover points.

She's cool about it, and thought it was a hoot I slowed and waved good-bye to the guy..

CTE
Old 09-03-2006, 06:59 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

Yeah but now ya gotta explain that somehow to your daughter (hopefully it'll be awhile before she gets her license).

Kinda reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where he teaches the daughter how to drive.

Luckily, my wife 'gets it'.
She absolutely loved it when I blew our son into the dust once when he was following a bit to close in his mazda.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

That's funny...when I bought my first Mustang last year('05 black GT stick, have an'06 Tungsten GT now) I was approached by a threesome of "poseurs" in a bling-blinged Magnum R/T Hemi(nearly all Magnums/Chargers/300Cs are riding 22"s in SoCal) challenged me, stating, "We just smoked a new GT a little while ago, wanna race?" . We come up to the intersection, he leaves a little early(about 2 car lengths-itchy foot, I guess) and I just WALK right past them like they were standing still.......should've seen the look on their faces when we got to the next intersection.....I pulled a GOOD 7-8 cars lengths, after their premature start. The other group following them in a new Range Rover was just clowning them after that.......Magnum driver kept insisting I had modded my car, I told him, nope, not a thing(which was true). Ahhhhh I know how you feel.....I'm just glad I had just dropped my girlfriend off before that little encounter........[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 09-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

They aren't that fast. The one at the track Friday night ran 14.3 or so.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:56 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CTE

Her response since I got the car was that if, and more than likely when, I get a ticket, she is going shopping with the amount equal to the fine. Irony here is she coordinated the driving school at the local community college for those of us who get tickets and need to recover points.

She's cool about it, and thought it was a hoot I slowed and waved good-bye to the guy..

CTE

I'm in jersey.. i still have a few points i'ld LOVE to have dropped. Where do i sign up?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:26 AM
CTE
1st Gear Member

Well you have to come to Florida, and there is a time limit after the ticket to attend the "Drivers School".

I grewup in north Jersey, Parsippany and Brookside areas. Don't miss it a bit, way too crowded now. Down here in southt central Fl, we still have some nice rural empty roads you can let the GT go. Hvae to watch out for gators and wild hogs crossing the road. They can ruin your day in a heartbeat.

Also the daughter is 20 and lots of miles behind her. She also thought is was a hoot, but as the commercial says, it is not a toy....

CTE
Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

Crowded and expensive here! Getting ready to buy my first house at 24 yrs old.. and it's no easy feet. Anywhere within 45 minutes of the city will run you atleast 340, and even that price doesn't buy you that much. I could probobly buy 2 houses down in FL for that cost. And have enough left over to mod my stang !
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Geez...only $340K? Here in L.A. you can't even buy a shack in the ghetto(south central) for much less than $350K The going rate for a nice home in a nice area is around $650K minimum(we're talking only 3 bedrooms here)..no wonder all you guys back east have bitch'n Mustangs! I make over $50k a year and single and I'm not living the life of luxury......but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!