Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run with Vette and Viper!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:38 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default Run with Vette and Viper!

Ok so I am drivin down the strip and this 03 style corvette comes up beside me, we get caught at a red light. Anyways he starts reving his engine like he wants to race, so ya I want to see how bad I lose to a corvette. Anyways by the time we hit third we are neck and neck...So I see him pull into a parkinglot where there is this viper sitting with no-one in it. So a bit furthur up the road the viper pulls up next to me...wow the same guy...So this time he wants to really kick my ***. And yes this he does. through first he lept on me half a car, then when he shifts to second I shift gears way faster than him and am next to him by the time i hit second, then there was no more viper, when he hit second he was gone must have had me by 4-5 cars when i hit third...I am pretty proud to say that I kept up with a vette and stayed with a viper till second, but in my opinion I think I am a pretty good driver and he really needs to learn how to drive his cars
Old 09-25-2006, 05:26 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Run with Vette and Viper!

I bet some Ricers say the same thing about me. A lot of times when a car that I know I will beat is trying to give me a go. I will literally just drive my car like a normally do in 1st gear. Let them think they're taking me or keeping up. I only do that in 1st gear about half way through, then I pound it just to let him hear em squeal going into second, then buhbye. Sometimes it's funner to toy. However if he was going ***** to the wall, good job!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

Ok so I am drivin down the strip and this 03 style corvette comes up beside me, we get caught at a red light. Anyways he starts reving his engine like he wants to race, so ya I want to see how bad I lose to a corvette. Anyways by the time we hit third we are neck and neck...So I see him pull into a parkinglot where there is this viper sitting with no-one in it. So a bit furthur up the road the viper pulls up next to me...wow the same guy...So this time he wants to really kick my ***. And yes this he does. through first he lept on me half a car, then when he shifts to second I shift gears way faster than him and am next to him by the time i hit second, then there was no more viper, when he hit second he was gone must have had me by 4-5 cars when i hit third...I am pretty proud to say that I kept up with a vette and stayed with a viper till second, but in my opinion I think I am a pretty good driver and he really needs to learn how to drive his cars
Sounds like you're out and having fun!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:56 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Good job with the Vette! Not sure I would have even bothered with that Viper though... LOL