Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Blank Canvas...pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Blank Canvas...pics

WOW! Amazing. I have basically the same "starting" car and I was planning going down the same route. I'd do some things a bit differently, but that's the beauty of having such a great "platform" like the mustang: make it your own!

Is it really required to take the bumper apart to install the cervini grille?!? I was hoping for a quick swap, but it looks a bit more involved.

Also since you have a 2007, could they transfer the TPMS sensors to the new wheels?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
2007gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My Blank Canvas...pics

ORIGINAL: sycd

WOW! Amazing. I have basically the same "starting" car and I was planning going down the same route. I'd do some things a bit differently, but that's the beauty of having such a great "platform" like the mustang: make it your own!

Is it really required to take the bumper apart to install the cervini grille?!? I was hoping for a quick swap, but it looks a bit more involved.

Also since you have a 2007, could they transfer the TPMS sensors to the new wheels?

I was surprised to see the front bumper off for the grill install too. I know they had to do some trimming on the billet grill to get it to fit in the GT bumper. Cervini told me that it would bolt right in. I read in another thread that trimming WAS necessary and I guess it really is. Cervini also told me to attach their grill to the bumper cover with screws. California Concepts attached it to the sheet metal and it'srock solid install.

As for the TPMS sensors, California Concepts ditched the band mounting system and made a bracket to attach the sensor to the valve stem instead.