Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wondering what others think of the Foose Mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wondering what others think of the Foose Mustangs?

ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

Very nice looking designs but too expensive for me.
+1
Old 10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I'm not into buying other people's designer cars, including Shelbys. The whole point of doing a Mustang is doing it YOUR way. Performance information for Mustangs is widely available now. There is no such thing as a secret trick anymore that performance houses like Saleen, Roush, Shelby or Foose could sell as unique. Back in the day, that was feasible, but not any more. The only thing unique they have now is their sense of "style" and credentials in defining a performance envelope.

Well, I've got my own sense of "style", which is expressed in MY Mustang. If you need anyone else to express that for you, then good luck with that.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:03 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Anyone have pics of the one hood that has the stamped out section for the Shaker? I'm looking for a pic thats completed "Installed/Painted" with Shaker.

Nevermind, just found one after posting!

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/24825/AC3133E783104E82B0848866AF437E78.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-02-2006, 02:19 AM
MustFoose

I Work for this Local Dealership that has these Foose Mustangs. I was wanting some opinions on these, Thank You for them! I have Drove 2 Shelby GT 500's (I am the only one allowed to drive them at our dealership) I think the Shelby is Cool But The Vinyl Stripes SUCK! We sold them around 15k over Sticker. Two More still Ordered, already Sold of Course. but THINK this out 500HP Shelby for 61k to 62k according to the Saleen Website SC Starts at 59k and up. I would take either one of them. The FOOSE Stallions average Price 45k to 46k add a ProCharger for 5k you have Over 600HP and You Have the Looks and the Collectibility of a CHIP FOOSE desgined Mustang that is currently a Limited Edition Production and destined to be worth Money down the Road.
The 2 Red 2006 Foose Mustangs we have are 2 of a total of 53 Foose Stallions Produced.
These are also more than appearance upgrades. They have had Brake work done, Have had Suspension Modifications Done They Handle Awesome.
Again thanks all for any comments, NO I am not a Salesman, I am a Certified Ford Tech.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
fordly

I don't presently own a Mustang, but I may well soon. If I were to buy one though I would not be looking at a big bucks one.

These cars look fine (well, at least some of them do), but if Ford could afford to, I think they'd be smart to try to offer some different color and appearance schemes right from the factory - this is fundamentally what they are already doing with the Calif special, and before that with the Bullet version, etc.

To me, the main appeal of a car like the Mustang though is that it is relatively affordable. If the price goes up too high I don't know if it continues to make sense. Some may want to go the investment route and gamble that one day they may make a killing on it, but that really is just a gamble. Afterall, the old muscle car market too could go flat any day - it would only take one or two of many different things to do that.

So if one is buying the car to enjoy it - and I think most of us want to do that - then I most agree with the comment that reflected the opinion that part of the fun is expressing your own creativity. And I would follow that up with the idea that part of being creative is doing it as inexpensively as one can.

My 2-cents.

~Bill
Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

Too much bling... not enough perfornance for the $$

Foose fan, but not of this project.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustFoose

I Work for this Local Dealership that has these Foose Mustangs. I was wanting some opinions on these, Thank You for them! I have Drove 2 Shelby GT 500's (I am the only one allowed to drive them at our dealership) I think the Shelby is Cool But The Vinyl Stripes SUCK! We sold them around 15k over Sticker. Two More still Ordered, already Sold of Course. but THINK this out 500HP Shelby for 61k to 62k according to the Saleen Website SC Starts at 59k and up. I would take either one of them. The FOOSE Stallions average Price 45k to 46k add a ProCharger for 5k you have Over 600HP and You Have the Looks and the Collectibility of a CHIP FOOSE desgined Mustang that is currently a Limited Edition Production and destined to be worth Money down the Road.
The 2 Red 2006 Foose Mustangs we have are 2 of a total of 53 Foose Stallions Produced.
These are also more than appearance upgrades. They have had Brake work done, Have had Suspension Modifications Done They Handle Awesome.
Again thanks all for any comments, NO I am not a Salesman, I am a Certified Ford Tech.
Is Mr. Foose working with any supercharger company to produce a dedicated S/C system to work specifically with his cars? I really like their look and wheels, but a factory installed S/C option should be available. Was at Pasadena Ford the other day and they had about 12 Roush Mustangs, ranging from Stage 1(waste of time for the price-about $38K) to a Stage 2(had the good suspension stuff and exhaust for about $42K, not too bad) and the daddy of them all the Stage 3($51K, 415hp, 14" front brakes, Hurst style shifter, full on suspension, exhaust, interior upgrades). I realize anyone can supercharge, work the suspension and add graphics to a Mustang, but it does get expensive to try and replicate a Roush or Saleen. I can see that buying a $27K GT adding about $10-12K to modify the suspesion, brakes and add a S/C and all the dyno time and labor cost, you could be looking at over $40K, will it be worth what a $50K Roush or Saleen supercharged models in a few years? The $7-10K that someone saves(and probably has a faster car to boot is worth it to most) looks good, but if you ever hope to resell it, good luck. This is the reason why the Saleens, Roushs and now Fooses are gonna be around for sometime. JMO
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
MustFoose

Yes, Superchargers are in the works as a option fron Unique Perofrmance on the Foose Mustangs, Unsure of what one they are planning to use.
Pictures doesn't do these cars justice You have to see them in person!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

I think they look HAWT!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Its nice dont get me wrong, but for 46T, you can do better IMO, by buying a stock gt and putting 18 grand in it and customize it to how YOU want it exactly...

[IMG]local://upfiles/30670/EF8BD96725A74C9B8E2AD4E1E6F73F66.jpg[/IMG]