Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Zex kit with JLT II intake, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default Zex kit with JLT II intake, anyone?

Is anyone using the Zex nitrous kit with the JLT 2 intake? I'm seriously considering running this kit for a quick horsepower fix.

Pics of where you attached the spray nozzle would be great.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:05 PM
INTRUDER
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Zex kit with JLT II intake, anyone?

I have your set up.
I am more than pleased with it.

install jetblock into the black pvc tube about 5.5" from the curved rubber going into the throttle body.
I am not at home right now , as soon as i can I will post pictures and more info.

Be carefull when drilling the hole you only get ONE shot.
I used a size smaller drill bit than the threads on the jetblock, then tapped it to the right size and used anti sieze on the theads.
I think? you need to use the BLUE thread lock? if i remember the red does not like plastic.

The JLT PVC tubewall is a little more than a 3/8" thick. That is more than enough to hoild in place .
If you need more info PM me
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Thanks, pictures would be great. Is the jetblock self tapping or did you actually use a tap to thread the hole? I don't have a set of taps, guess i'll have to get some. Did you use thread lock or gasket sealer? The loctite I used on my LCA's is very runny.

ORIGINAL: INTRUDER

I have your set up.
I am more than pleased with it.

install jetblock into the black pvc tube about 5.5" from the curved rubber going into the throttle body.
I am not at home right now , as soon as i can I will post pictures and more info.

Be carefull when drilling the hole you only get ONE shot.
I used a size smaller drill bit than the threads on the jetblock, then tapped it to the right size and used anti sieze on the theads.
I think? you need to use the BLUE thread lock? if i remember the red does not like plastic.

The JLT PVC tubewall is a little more than a 3/8" thick. That is more than enough to hoild in place .
If you need more info PM me
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I have the JLT also, installed it the same location as intruder, except I just used the smaller drill bit and screwed the adaptor that is provided into the pvc tubing, then just screwed the jetblock into it, this adaptor is used for the rubber stock intake, but worked for the pcv also . I have not had a problem, I didn't use any sealant its real tight. Its real easy to do, the directions tell you how to do it.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:07 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I was interested in that same set up. I have the JLT and was debating over the ZEX and Nitruos Expres kits.I like the plate that comes with the N.E.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:00 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I like the idea of just installing a plate on the throttle body, but it cost more money.

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

I was interested in that same set up. I have the JLT and was debating over the ZEX and Nitruos Expres kits.I like the plate that comes with the N.E.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:18 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Is everyone using the stock plugs and does anyone use a window switch in conjunction with the WOT switch?

Does the Zex kit come with a purge valve?

ORIGINAL: cfr865

I have the JLT also, installed it the same location as intruder, except I just used the smaller drill bit and screwed the adaptor that is provided into the pvc tubing, then just screwed the jetblock into it, this adaptor is used for the rubber stock intake, but worked for the pcv also . I have not had a problem, I didn't use any sealant its real tight. Its real easy to do, the directions tell you how to do it.