Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

cant get my key control to work

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
lost in kuwait

Default cant get my key control to work

went to the airport to drop a friend off came to a stop andit was raining all of a sudden all the alarms went off no oil low volt everything the car never quit running but now i cant unlock or lock my doors or trunk and i cant even get the panic button to work pull every fuse and they are all ok does anybody have an idea or had this happen to you. dont want to take it to the dealer nobody here is ase or any formal training plus they wont fix it under warranty because i did a few things thanks for any help
Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: cant get my key control to work

Sounds like the classic "electrical problem when wet" problem, but I my opinion may be bias. Check out this thread:

https://mustangforums.com/m_2076816/tm.htm

I would suggest popping open the little service port on the passenger side wall (just forward of the passendger door) and reaching down to feel the mat underneath the carpet. If it's wet, I am going to guess that your car leaked in rainwater, probably dripping on that smart box mounted over there, which caused your alarms to go crazy.

As for a resolution to this problem, I've been to the dealership 4 times thus far, and my car still leaks. I'm currently looking into my legal options at this point. Good luck.

Hope this helps.