Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Greased Ligtning?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 12:37 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default Greased Ligtning?

I'm a bit of nut when it comes to taking care of my cars. Been using Redline Oil and Tufoil for years. I use synthetics and such on others areas, I use Meguiar's NXT Generation product since my "conversion" when I got the GT, should have started it long ago when I talked to a fellow that inherited a fantastic looking car from his parent's the was maintained with Meguiars. I have been a believer in Meguiars rubber and vinyl treatments for years, jus never got into the wax, my old BMW with 27 years on it still has rubber and vinyl parts on it, inside and out, that are just like new, soft, pliable, not cracking or anything.

Anyway, I was at the parts house the other day in SF Bay, California and they has some coolant additive by "Greased Lightning" that was intriguing. Said it had "PTFE" in it and would stop cooling system build up COLD cause it would coat the system with PTFE. Plus, of course it had other good things to say about itself. I bought some for my GMC with 153k miles and a radiator that I replaced just a year or two ago. Then I went back and purchased some for the GT.

Of course, with this type of product I don't think we're going to see a night n' day change or anything. Then of coure, gotta remember to redose every 12,000 miles per the bottle. I used to run some stuff in my old car, and the GMC which I WAS SURE was keeping the radiators clean and deposit free. Ended up changing both radiators anyway. I got over 100k miles out of them.

Anyone have experience with Greased Lightning products? They have one which is similar to the Tufoil (www.tufoil.com) that I use, and I won't change, just like I've been using Redline oils too long to change even though I run Mobil 1 in my cycle, cause Redline does not make a motorcylce specific oil. I have a brother in NC that is a "motor head" and he says Greased Lightning products have been good to him.

Your thoughts?