Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo predator, help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo predator, help!

thanks man i appreciate that. i went from the 87 octane tune to the 93 octane tune today. but we had heavy rain so i've not been able to get on it and see if it made a difference
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Sunshine 07

thanks man i appreciate that. i went from the 87 octane tune to the 93 octane tune today. but we had heavy rain so i've not been able to get on it and see if it made a difference

Hi Black Sunshine,

Do you know what Diablo part numberyou got? Was it a "U"niversal version or did it have a"CL" prefix? Did you check and seewhat firmware version it has internally? Just curious, O.K. so I'm nosy.

Cheers

Old 09-21-2007, 09:54 AM
dcsnowwake

oops, wrong forum
Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I ordered my diablo from summitracing.com and it comes with my c&l tune along with about 25 others for all the other cold air intakes out there.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I got mine used for $190shipped from FS/FT section here. But, I didn't get any tune files so I'm running the canned Diablosport 91Octane tune for now. I plan on getting a |3amachips tune as soon as I get some delete plates.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli
I got mine used for $190shipped from FS/FT section here. But, I didn't get any tune files so I'm running the canned Diablosport 91Octane tune for now. I plan on getting a |3amachips tune as soon as I get some delete plates.
Hi acascianelli,

What part number Predator do you have? All Predators come with generic canned tunes and if you buy the correct part number it will have tunes for the particular CAI kit you have and usually the CMCV delete plate tune also. For example I boughtone of the original 80mm MAF housing Steeda CAI kitsover two and a half years ago along with a Steeda Predator PN#ST-7140. Later when Gus at Steeda told me about the 90mm MAF housing version I upgraded the MAF housing and then downloaded the latest Predator firmware version for the latest Steeda PN#ST-7149 Predator that works with the 90mm MAF CAIkit and reflashed the Predator handheld with this new software.Right in the new menu was now the tune for the 90mm CAI which worked great right out of the Predator. I later added the FRPP CMCV delete plates and reflashed the car with the INCLUDED90mm MAF and CMCV delete 91 octane canned tunes and it again worked flawlessly for me and I have been driving around with it for overa year no problems. Over the years this car has made manytrips to the dyno with various engine and exhaust parts installed and generally withthe then currentSteeda Predator canned tune that matched up with the intake on the car.On recent trip Adam at ST Motorsports said he doubted that he could improve significantly on thecanned Steeda91 octane 90mm CAI/CMCV delete tune given the timing and A/F ratio numbers coming out of the data logger during the pulls. This carpulled 316-318RWHP onthe DynoJet using SAE corection and withsmoothing set to5 with allmajor intake bolt-ons (Steeda CAI w/high-velocity intake upgrade, BBK 62mm T/B andFRPP CMCV deletes), Meziere EH2O pumpand JBA shorty headers blowing through a MagnaFlow Tru-X Pipew/OBDII (smog), compliant high flow cats andstock rear mufflers. Trust methere is NOTHING wrong with the Steeda supplied Diablo Predator canned tunes!

Find the part number for your Predator and then go to the Diablo website and download the latest version of the firmware. Restore the factory tune to your car's ECU,then reflash using the latestPredator firmwareand then plug it into your car anddo the usual thing and reflash your car. Chances are you won't see any improvements in power over the latest canned tunes form Diablo when you buy that new canned tune from Doug. Butkeep us posted!

HTH!