Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Window Tint in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
mac24
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Window Tint in Dallas

SAM PACK 5 STAR FORD WHERE IS THAT LOCATED I LIVE IN DALLAS AND WANT TO GET TINT MYSELF BUT I DIDNT DO IT YET BECAUSE OF THE TINT SCRATCHING.PLEASE HELP WTHALiii.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac24

SAM PACK 5 STAR FORD WHERE IS THAT LOCATED I LIVE IN DALLAS AND WANT TO GET TINT MYSELF BUT I DIDNT DO IT YET BECAUSE OF THE TINT SCRATCHING.PLEASE HELP WTHALiii.
There are several of them in this area: Fort Worth, Lewisville, Plano, Irving, North Richland Hills and Carrollton. The one I used was in Carrollton. Their web page for accessories is http://www.sampacksfivestarford.com/ - page down until you find window tint. The phone number is (972) 242-6415 X-242. It says the person is Susan Kelly, but the new accessories person is Sharon - can't remember the last name. Anyway, I don't know if it's ALL Sam Pack Fords that know about the Mustang window problem or just this one, but Sharon is the person I talked to. BTW, the tinting is actually sent out to Alert Auto Tec in Carrollton (972) 446-2270

EDIT: I just found the piece of paper where I wrote down the info about Sam Pack Ford. The Accessories lady is named Sheila Rhodes. There's also a guy named Alex Garcia that works in that department.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBeastAv

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

Hey, thanks for the link! I wasn't aware of those folks, though it figures that an area as big as this one would have a group like that.

I decided to go with Sam Pack 5-Star Ford. I called several places, and one of the questions on my list was what about the Mustangs scratching the film on the side windows when you put them up or down. Everyone said it was no problem. Well, my first question to Sam Pack was the price, and they quoted me $325 when everyone else was under $200, so I asked them why they were so expensive. They told me it's because the Mustang doors scratch the film, so they go in the doors and put in felt strips that they buy from Porsche. Ford says it's not their problem, so the dealer has to charge to do this. They knew about the problem without me mentioning it, and insisted that it must be fixed. They also said that they carry a lifetime warranty. That convinced me to pay the price. A bargain is a bargain only if it's just as good as the expensive alternative.

I'm getting it put in tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Watch that group over there though(dfwstangs)...gotta be thick skinned going in. They abuse newbies(well pretty much everyone actually).

Glad you found out about the tint! I was curious about tinting them being the go down automatically a bit when you open and close the doors to seal them properly. I thought that may ruin a tint job prior to the adhesive curing. Appreciate the info!! Looking forward to the pics too.
Yeah, I haven't posted over there. I noticed they had one thread about gathering at a Sonic, apparently to show off and challenge the ricers to races. [&:]

I was worried about the window action ruining the film before it cured, too, but these come with a lifetime guarantee, so hopefully if hey do scratch, it will be covered.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Okay, I guess you guys just want to see my car when it's dirty, so here's pictures after the tint.

Bear in mind when you're judging how dark they are that the windshield is only tinted at the top. What I mean is in the picture below, the whole windshield looks kinda dark, but it's clear. Of course, you're looking through to the back glass, which is 15%.

Now you know how dirty my car gets when it's rainy nasty weather. [:'(]
Old 01-14-2007, 10:44 AM
TheBeastAv

Looks like it turned out great!! Congrats!