Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stingers vs SLP LM

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stingers vs SLP LM

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: sycd

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

I was convinced to buy the mac boom tubes. They are very similar to the loudmouth, but Extremely throaty. There are a few vids of them on streetfire, and they sound amazing.

I am buying some tonight!
Some say they are as loud as the LMs? Is that true?
i dont know how loud the LM's are so i cant compare them for you (or stingers for that matter) but the boom tubes are kinda loud if you ask me, but its not overbearing, and they sound very deep

ive got boom tubes on my car now...and i think i was the one who convinced 22kart22 to get them

oh and here is a vid of what they sound like (they are not broken in yet)they are a little louder and deeper sounding now...but still it is not overbearing loud
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...a500bef3fa.htm
oh my god. those sound so damn good. jesus. so they're macs? where do i find them, where do i get them, ive never heard of them before. are they audible inside the cockpit? loud enough?
yes they are made by mac and you can get them at www.ninosport.com and inside there is little drone but it sounds amazing and i started my car with no mufflers when putting these on and they were a little bit quieter

on a 1-10 scale 1=stock and 10=no mufflers i would say these are about an 8
haha well i don't even know what to say. i am absolutely shocked at how good this exhaust sounds. its the perfect sound really, different from anything else.

just when i thought id never be able to make a decision on an exhaust, i see this clip.

thank you. a year and a half looking through clips and never being satisfied, all solved by this.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

I was convinced to buy the mac boom tubes. They are very similar to the loudmouth, but Extremely throaty. There are a few vids of them on streetfire, and they sound amazing.

I am buying some tonight!
Some say they are as loud as the LMs? Is that true?
i dont know how loud the LM's are so i cant compare them for you (or stingers for that matter) but the boom tubes are kinda loud if you ask me, but its not overbearing, and they sound very deep

ive got boom tubes on my car now...and i think i was the one who convinced 22kart22 to get them

oh and here is a vid of what they sound like (they are not broken in yet)they are a little louder and deeper sounding now...but still it is not overbearing loud
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...a500bef3fa.htm
oh my god. those sound so damn good. jesus. so they're macs? where do i find them, where do i get them, ive never heard of them before. are they audible inside the cockpit? loud enough?
yes they are made by mac and you can get them at www.ninosport.com and inside there is little drone but it sounds amazing and i started my car with no mufflers when putting these on and they were a little bit quieter

on a 1-10 scale 1=stock and 10=no mufflers i would say these are about an 8
haha well i don't even know what to say. i am absolutely shocked at how good this exhaust sounds. its the perfect sound really, different from anything else.

just when i thought id never be able to make a decision on an exhaust, i see this clip.

thank you. a year and a half looking through clips and never being satisfied, all solved by this.
glad i could help
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Great, I already had a hard time picking my exhaust, now my list just got longer

These boom tubes sound good though, too bad it's hard to figure out how loud from just the video.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

IMHO
sounding good and drone are completely different..I went with magnapacks because they lack drone and sound like most muscle cars I grew up around (we had a speed shop within sight of our backyard fence). But research is the key, fortunately alot of guys here have had multiple exhaust combo's so good luck.