Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Installed My Pypes O/R H...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:27 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just Installed My Pypes O/R H...

So the white smoke went away and the smell made me a little light headed lol but other than that this thing is really really LOUD! My friend has an 06 GT with Mac Axel Backs, Mac LT Headers and Pypes O/R H and mine is so much louder it's crazy. I have to look around for cops everytime I want to gun it. I am wondering if I can get used to this . But a quick little story about my first day with the O/R. I was in a HS car show, that had sum classic cars, Z06 Vette, Lamorghini, Ford GT, Mustangs, Ricers, Etc..anyway, the Ford GT was revving his engine, showing off a bit and he had a crowd gathered around him just watching and listening, so my friend told me to rev mine, so I did and everyone just flocked to my car like a bunch of pigeons lol the look on the guy's face, who owned the Ford GT was absolutely priceless lol And after hearing how it sounds from outside the car it sounds much better than it does from the inside, I am going to see how it goes, if it's too loud for my taste think I might switch to Mac Axel backs. Good Day to all
Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

So the white smoke went away and the smell made me a little light headed lol but other than that this thing is really really LOUD! My friend has an 06 GT with Mac Axel Backs, Mac LT Headers and Pypes O/R H and mine is so much louder it's crazy. I have to look around for cops everytime I want to gun it. I am wondering if I can get used to this . But a quick little story about my first day with the O/R. I was in a HS car show, that had sum classic cars, Z06 Vette, Lamorghini, Ford GT, Mustangs, Ricers, Etc..anyway, the Ford GT was revving his engine, showing off a bit and he had a crowd gathered around him just watching and listening, so my friend told me to rev mine, so I did and everyone just flocked to my car like a bunch of pigeons lol the look on the guy's face, who owned the Ford GT was absolutely priceless lol And after hearing how it sounds from outside the car it sounds much better than it does from the inside, I am going to see how it goes, if it's too loud for my taste think I might switch to Mac Axel backs. Good Day to all

dude........................sound clips, please.................thats the setup i wanna go with..........need..clips......

and clips of yours as well.............
Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Haha, nice!
I just installed min O/R H last week with the flowmasters. I had the same reaction on the 1st start, lol.
Left a local cruise night tonight and as I pulled out the crowd all turned to look

2 minutes after starting it for the 1st time the smoke came rolling out my cowl hood, lol. Was gone after a little bit of driving. At 1st I was thinking maybe I had an 02 wire up against the pipe, but after a good sniff, It was defintly new exhaust pipe smell.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:16 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

It's going to be raining the next few days so as soon as it's not I will try and make a clip. I have to use my phone though because my camera broke. I kinda threw it lol Long story..
Old 05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ALLCHEST

Yes your exhaust smell will always be different now. When I had an off road H on my 99 cobra I just loved sitting at the light with the windows rolled down breathing in the catless exhaust fumes.

As for the white smoke I have no clue.
You eat paint chips as a kid?

As soon as my smog passes in a couple months, I am gonna go pick up my O/R H, glad to hear ya like it man..
Old 05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Ok so Day 2 with the O/R H, didn't even get on it and all of a sudden I see a cop flying up on my right and he is trying to get behind me but this van is in the way and now we are crossing towns so he just pulls up next to me but doesnt pull me over. Then he goes slowly by and slows back down, so I lower my illegally tinted windows and I ask him if he wants me to pull over, so he replies no, just change your exhaust it is too damn loud, you almost gave me a heart attack back there LOL I really hope I dont get heckled like this too often, may have to try different axel backs. Oh well, it's pretty fun scaring ppl and seeing the reactions of people when you pass by them not to mention I picked up a hot chick on the highway who said that was the loudest thing she has ever heard in her life lol I am getting a tune this week and sum people claim it cleans the sound out a little bit. We will see. And for those of you who are interested I just threw my check engine light after about 150 miles. Also I made a video with my phone. Came out terrible. I might have been too close because it is really distorted, buthere it is anyway. I will try and make another one later.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED
Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Sound like Captain Kirk killing an alien spaceship
Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Those exhaust fumes are actually good for you. What happens is that they go into your brain via the blood stream and cause a chemical reaction that makes you feel goooood. This feeling of euphoria will make your car seem faster and stronger, therefore saving you money on future mods. I'm a doctor, I should know. True story. lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

can u host the vid on youtube or somehitng? that sprint link keeps closing down my browser

Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ok here it is on youtube. I still gotta make a better clip cause this one is extremely distorted

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bf_8WJLfvY