Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

high psi sc GTs

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: high psi sc GTs

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Moose you need to take a chill pill...I have been reading your posts today and your just all over the place, calm down. Cheft didn't say anything that would imply a Saleen vs. anybody...turn off your computer for today
I admit I snapped yesterday and I appologize. What have I done today? Surely you don't mean the kid crying that his daddy isn't paying his bills on time. He needs a good smack upside the head.
If you read what I said in response to you I said that I agreed with your point but it was a little harsh...the kid has a bipolar dad and his mom just died and he seemed DECENTLY mature about it...now worries though man, everyone has a bad day
Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

Yeah but remember somepeople dont have the extra $ to shell out and just want around 500ish hp and being safe. A set of $500 rods would be more than enough for 500ish hp. Always hear of rods snapping havent' seen a stock piston fail before the rod though. My buddy changed his rods on his 3v quite a while ago and no problems yet he is pushing 565 with a whipple.

Andrew
I agree and I'd just hate to be the 'first', ya know. If they were ton's of money (though 'some' are) I could see it, but I really think if your going to put rods in, you might as well do the pistons too. Heck, the stock crank is good but same goes... "while you're in there..."[8D]
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: modaddict

ORIGINAL: androdz

Yeah but remember somepeople dont have the extra $ to shell out and just want around 500ish hp and being safe. A set of $500 rods would be more than enough for 500ish hp. Always hear of rods snapping havent' seen a stock piston fail before the rod though. My buddy changed his rods on his 3v quite a while ago and no problems yet he is pushing 565 with a whipple.

Andrew
I agree and I'd just hate to be the 'first', ya know. If they were ton's of money (though 'some' are) I could see it, but I really think if your going to put rods in, you might as well do the pistons too. Heck, the stock crank is good but same goes... "while you're in there..."[8D]
Yah but if you get the labor cheap or free like me since I work on my car might as well just do a little bit on what you can afford right now. Like I said for 500ish it should be safe but I dont recommend trying to go for 600 with just the rods. My buddy is getting a 5.4 swap from a gt500 that was totalled here in PR. Let me see if he lets us do some R&D on his engine to see exactly how much the piston/crank will take ^^.

Andrew