Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just installed Brenspeed tune!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 PM
dr350rider
1st Gear Member

Default Just installed Brenspeed tune!!

I know it is old news but it is freakin' amazing. I just finished my second test drive and I'm floored. I have the 87 octane tune in right now. I can't imagine what the 91 tune will be like. The differences:
1)much better response and accleration
2)sound is awesome, much more intense and throbbing (think I might like to have the h-pipe back)
3) exhaust smell is noticeably different, it smells kind of like a burnt match

I have a couple of questions. I never spoke to Brenspeed in person. I handled the whole purchase via internet and e-mail. Does Brenspeed disable the rear O2 sensors in an application like mine where all I have is a CAI? I read the thread about Bamachips doing so. I thought the rear O2 sensors played a role in keeping the proper A/F mixture. Also, will these performance tunes shorten the life of the engine?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed Brenspeed tune!!

ORIGINAL: dr350rider

I know it is old news but it is freakin' amazing. I just finished my second test drive and I'm floored. I have the 87 octane tune in right now. I can't imagine what the 91 tune will be like. The differences:
1)much better response and accleration
2)sound is awesome, much more intense and throbbing (think I might like to have the h-pipe back)
3) exhaust smell is noticeably different, it smells kind of like a burnt match

I have a couple of questions. I never spoke to Brenspeed in person. I handled the whole purchase via internet and e-mail. Does Brenspeed disable the rear O2 sensors in an application like mine where all I have is a CAI? I read the thread about Bamachips doing so. I thought the rear O2 sensors played a role in keeping the proper A/F mixture. Also, will these performance tunes shorten the life of the engine?
no, but they'll shorten the life of your tires

congrats man!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:13 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

The rear O2 just detect if the cats are work. I don’t think bren disables them because it may cause us to fail the emissions test. He will disable them if we don’t have cats.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

I dont think anyone actually disables them as in no voltage to the rear 02 (this will cause them to go bad in short order).
I think they program the PCM to ignore them (maybe by changing the parameters for a fail).
How that would effect an emissions test I have no idea.
I would think the emissions test would only look fora DTC code in the PCM for a failed O2.

I have heard that Brenspeed disables rear 02's as a matter of course but I dont know that for a fact.
Why not just ask him?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Gene K

I dont think anyone actually disables them as in no voltage to the rear 02 (this will cause them to go bad in short order).
I think they program the PCM to ignore them (maybe by changing the parameters for a fail).
How that would effect an emissions test I have no idea.
I would think the emissions test would only look fora DTC code in the PCM for a failed O2.

I have heard that Brenspeed disables rear 02's as a matter of course but I dont know that for a fact.
Why not just ask him?
This is my take also, you have to ask for a emissions only tune basically and he will send it to you.

I dont know if the reading is "shut off" either, but either way the CEL doesnt show up!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

congrats. when someone posts that they just did this mod I get this sh$$ eating grin on and remember when I did it. [sm=icon_rock.gif]