MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   GOING FOR 800 RWHP (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/417086-going-for-800-rwhp.html)

ebr 07-13-2008 08:51 PM

RE: GOING FOR 800 RWHP

Well the car is going to tune Wed. so wish me luck there but the main reason for this is after the Stefs air/oil install to the exhaust the exhaust seems to be comeing back to the Stefs can instead of sucking it out . I know lots of race engines use the exhaust to evac. The crankcase so WTF why is this not working I used the Jegs angled tube and bung http://www.jegs.com/images/mini_100/...-85-100950.jpgDynatech 85-100950 Pan E-Vac Kit Item# 329-85-100950 Only $19.99 so I do not understand why this does not work ? I guess I will connect the hose to the intake tube on the Procharger tomarrow like it was from procharger but from the drivers side instead of the pass. side . I do see more vapors from the pass. side though when the motor has filterson both sides so that leads me to beleive that Procharger may have been on to something with the stock Procharger setup that evac fom the pass side so I guess I will try both and see if I cannot get the exhaust evac figured out in the next week or so .[/align]

2002GTAUTOVERT 07-13-2008 10:30 PM

good luck man.. your build is so damn sick.. i cant help but look at your tires.. and say a prayer knowing when it rolls off of the dyno.. their lifespan will be measured in seconds. good luck!!! (its unfortunate to see MMR screwed up someone else's build)

ebr 07-17-2008 09:16 PM

Went to dyno the car yesterday . Well went by there at 1:00 and keep in mind I had a 3:00 appt. wanted to let them know that the car was not chargeing and they said it needed to be to tune and that a full batt. would not cut it so I called my guy at Park Citys Ford in Dallas and he siad that the warehouse could have an alt. there by 2:00 so Im haulin ass to Dallas . Ok now Im in Dallas with the alt. off the car and waiting , and waiting till 3:25 they hand me the alt. and to work I go . Next thing I know its 3:48 and Im off to HPP in Leiwisville haulin ass again 4:20 im there so I unload the car and WTF 12.10 v not chargeing so I pull the alt again and nothing is wrong and then after quite some time I see a connector on the pass. valve cover that was not connected and what do you know those wires are the same as the wires connected to the back of the alt. so where the hell is the other connector well after alot of searching I found it it was under the intake so I hooked it up and had 14.14 volts so all is good right so we put the car on the dyno at about 6:25 and Manny started to do the tune well now the MAF has no signal so now its about 7:30 ( they close at 7:00 )and we decide to ck the exstended wires to the MAF (done by Lonestar ) and the but connectors they had installed to lengthin the wires were **** so I told Manny I would come in the morning (today) and redue the conections corractly with soilder and heat shrink it is now 8:00 so we go . I came came back today at 10:00 and redid the connections to the MAF and what do ya know we now have signal so now it is 1:00 today , after lunch I wait for others that are scheduled to be on the dyno so we can fit my car in and after all the waiting it is 3:45 and Im on the dyno everything gets loaded Manny starts and the batt light comes on not charging again so off the dyno and its 5:00 and others are waiting to tune so tomarrow I will pull the intake and ck all the wireing to the alt at HPP and wait to fit in on the dyno again tomarrow.

code3GT 07-17-2008 09:36 PM

Get the new Manley high lift/high rev valve springs over the Comp Beehive springs. Just my .02 Good luck with the build.

lrgnation 07-18-2008 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: ebr

Went to dyno the car yesterday . Well went by there at 1:00 and keep in mind I had a 3:00 appt. wanted to let them know that the car was not chargeing and they said it needed to be to tune and that a full batt. would not cut it so I called my guy at Park Citys Ford in Dallas and he siad that the warehouse could have an alt. there by 2:00 so Im haulin ass to Dallas . Ok now Im in Dallas with the alt. off the car and waiting , and waiting till 3:25 they hand me the alt. and to work I go . Next thing I know its 3:48 and Im off to HPP in Leiwisville haulin ass again 4:20 im there so I unload the car and WTF 12.10 v not chargeing so I pull the alt again and nothing is wrong and then after quite some time I see a connector on the pass. valve cover that was not connected and what do you know those wires are the same as the wires connected to the back of the alt. so where the hell is the other connector well after alot of searching I found it it was under the intake so I hooked it up and had 14.14 volts so all is good right so we put the car on the dyno at about 6:25 and Manny started to do the tune well now the MAF has no signal so now its about 7:30 ( they close at 7:00 )and we decide to ck the exstended wires to the MAF (done by Lonestar ) and the but connectors they had installed to lengthin the wires were **** so I told Manny I would come in the morning (today) and redue the conections corractly with soilder and heat shrink it is now 8:00 so we go . I came came back today at 10:00 and redid the connections to the MAF and what do ya know we now have signal so now it is 1:00 today , after lunch I wait for others that are scheduled to be on the dyno so we can fit my car in and after all the waiting it is 3:45 and Im on the dyno everything gets loaded Manny starts and the batt light comes on not charging again so off the dyno and its 5:00 and others are waiting to tune so tomarrow I will pull the intake and ck all the wireing to the alt at HPP and wait to fit in on the dyno again tomarrow.
So what's the good word now. Has it been dyno'd yet. One hell of a beast.

ebr 07-20-2008 09:56 PM

The breakin tune is done and at 13 or 14 deg timeing and 11.5 A/F it is at 567 rwhp and 537 rwtq I will post the dyno sheet tomarrow . The TC was flashing to 3700 on the dyno and let me tell ya the power comes fast . 15 psi all the way thew no waiting for the boost to build here instant power. I feel very good about this setup but I think to reach my street tune of 650/550 and race at 800/700 I would have to have a 5 speed with the auto and converter I dont think my origanal goals will happen but after you figure the loss of rwhp for the auto vs standard I will be in the ballpark but only time will tell.

Brian_Zinchuk 07-20-2008 11:01 PM

Will congrats on a successful project and some great numbers.

ebr 07-21-2008 09:17 PM

Thanks I am very excited about the outcome of this now after seeing these numbers right now.

ebr 07-23-2008 08:32 PM

Just think guys these are the plugs in 3 and 5 on my dyno run look at the 2 in the middle the tip is broke and there was belt slip as well becouse of the belt dust on the blower . Just thought I would share these pics . New plugs should be here tommarow and the BMR bushings (that split) for the control arm will be here Friday so this should be a fun weekend on the road finaly.[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/55588/69BC9BA286C5477DB76889846787DE82.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/55588/E87D86A85B75428EB14B7E1C97D8FDC1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/55588/B22522E8F9F7456ABF88148BA735FF77.jpg[/IMG]

one eyed willy 07-23-2008 09:29 PM

awesome stuff,did you get the evac to work with the exhaust or did you leave it on the procharger?