Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ET's

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Beast
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ET's

Mod,
BTW,your video's are extremely cool.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

The owner of Mustang Magic, Deer Park L.I. showed me a video on his computer of his run at Atco....His car is Dyno-Tuned, has the usual bolt on's, as well as JBA L/T's 4.10 Gears UDP's...He launched at 6000 RPM (ouch) the results.....12.95 ET, I forget the MPH.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 PM
07ROUSHGT
1st Gear Member

Good luck on the tune. I contacted Brenspeed about a tune and they replied that their tune wouldn't work since the ROUSH SC is flashed at the factory.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

I'd say the track and it's beams would more be in question over what the guys slip says. I mean think about it.. if all they have is starting line beams and a 1000 foot and 1/4 mile beam I'd be a little more suspicious of that over this guy b.sing us.
I used to run my turbo bike at several different tracks and I can say for sure that every one of them would be different. one track would e.t. quicker, one would sixty foot better,
one of them would record the 1/4 mph about 3 mph higher. (not a big difference between 167-170 though) whats funny is that with the datalogger you could overlap all the runs to perfection yet have different outcomes at all tracks.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

What kind of C&L CAI is it and how much you selling it for?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

wow, that is a ridiculous trap speed, I though my 108.22 was good!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beast

Mod, why that post? I dont mind the doubt. It shocked the hell out of me when I got the slip. All I could say was "holy ****".

Now this question. It's clear, and can be felt, that the Diablo tune made a big difference on the car. The Diablo won't work with the super charger obviously so I'll be selling it along with the CAI. Now I'm wondering if I should add a Brenspeed tune to the SC or just leave it stock with whatever the dealer puts on it. Adding the extra horsepower with the SC should be enough shouldnt it?
I'm not so much 'doubting you' as I think it was more of a 'perfect' thing. In all honesty, I don't think you would or could turn those numbers regularly and is why I asked about the DA, temp, and prep. My guess is the track was in outstanding condition that day. I've seen times change by 1/2 second because of the track, DA, Temp, water grains, ect, ect.

My main surprise is the canned diablo tune cause I'm pretty familiar with it and yes it will seem noticeable over stock but I just don't see it being aggressive enough to turn that number at the track. However, like I said, mercury could have been in retrograde and the planets aligned, ect, etc...lol

Seriously, I understand your concerns with a s/c but with the mileage you already have on the car and all things considered, I just can't see ANY reason to go with the roush. There is just so much better for your money available and all of them can be tuned conservatively to be 'safe' on your motor. There is no reason I think of sans having a roush car and wanting it to be completely 'roush' for show why anyone would consider the roots roush charger.

Good luck in your decision though and I hope you have more great times at the track cause it's a blast.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

If you are worried about the warranty look at this. I states right on the website warranty available. Now I did not look into the warranty and it may just be for the SC. As for miles on your motor I had my Saleen SC installed at 18,000 miles and now have 28,000 miles with no problems (except for the stupid clutch), personally for the money I would not get the Roush, I would look at the Saleen, whipple, procharger, or KB.

I also have not had any problems with getting warranty work done I my car, if your dealership is good it should not be a problem either. The dealership basically told me unless Ford comes out and tells them they cannot preform the work under warranty, they said they will. They have pulled the transmission out of my car 4 times now and I only had to pay for the last time and that was because something was wrong with the clutch and being that it is aftermarket they could not warranty it, and even then they only charged me $50.00per hour. It just depends on were you take it.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp

M-6066-M11*Black Wrinkle Finish
[*]Fits 2005-2006 Mustang GT with MANUAL transmission ONLY[*]See www.fordracingparts.com for other year applications[*]Produces 500 hp at 5800 RPM with 93 octane at approximately 11 psi of boost![*]Produces 470 lbs/ft of torque at 4200 rpm[*]Kit includes intake manifold supercharger, drive belt, and all other accessories for installation of the supercharger[*]Includes Pro-Cal tool voucher with kit[*]Premium fuel required[*]Similar to 400 hp kit but with smaller pulley, complete air to liquid intercooler system and dual fuel pump, fuel pump driver, and harness[*]Due to multiple calibrations, online registration is required to receive Pro-Cal tool after purchase.[*]E.O. #D-231-24[*]Engine calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only
Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

I always like to chime in on these ETs (and everyone gets defensive!!)

Its pretty apparent the east coast guys haveit made, they havethe denseair and more forgiving tracks, that equals someETs under 13with a few bolt-ons and drag radials, Iconcede that with a stick, 4.10s, tune, UCA/LCAs, drag radials I believe 12.9 is possible although pretty rare on S197s. I have yet to see anyone out West run times like that.

My biggest issue is with guys claiming high 12s on street tires, a slightly modded 12 sec. time onstreet tires NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youare spinning way too much, thenyou have to peddle to get traction, you can't make upthat lost time on these cars on the top end to get a 12 sec time, traction is traction and street tires don't hook period (especially for-2 sec 60')!!

108.22 mph trap? My GTech Pro told me once I ran a 12.8 with a 112mph trap speed, it is usually pretty accurate but I knew that run was BS !! lol Got my slip and it was a 13.4 @ 102mph. I have gotten slips at the track stating I ran a 11.99 before!! lol

There are only three other GTs I have seen run in person, 1 guy had a 100 shot NOS,one guy runs a Paxton SC, and one guy had a 2008 stock CS/GT, they ran 12.8, 12.5 and 14.4 respectively, so thats all I can base my opinion on, on the "Passtime" show recorded out here in Feb. a kid had a 2006 GT, Auto with drag radials, didn't go into much detail with what else was on the car,
he hooked pretty good and ran a 13.8 @ 100mph.

I have a weird question, whatself respecting 1/4 mile track is not built to the right length? does not provider 60' or 1000' times or trap speed? Are these NHRA sanctioned tracks you guys go too?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desslok40

I always like to chime in on these ETs (and everyone gets defensive!!)

Its pretty apparent the east coast guys haveit made, they havethe denseair and more forgiving tracks, that equals someETs under 13with a few bolt-ons and drag radials, Iconcede that with a stick, 4.10s, tune, UCA/LCAs, drag radials I believe 12.9 is possible although pretty rare on S197s. I have yet to see anyone out West run times like that.

My biggest issue is with guys claiming high 12s on street tires, a slightly modded 12 sec. time onstreet tires NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youare spinning way too much, thenyou have to peddle to get traction, you can't make upthat lost time on these cars on the top end to get a 12 sec time, traction is traction and street tires don't hook period (especially for-2 sec 60')!!

108.22 mph trap? My GTech Pro told me once I ran a 12.8 with a 112mph trap speed, it is usually pretty accurate but I knew that run was BS !! lol Got my slip and it was a 13.4 @ 102mph. I have gotten slips at the track stating I ran a 11.99 before!! lol

There are only three other GTs I have seen run in person, 1 guy had a 100 shot NOS,one guy runs a Paxton SC, and one guy had a 2008 stock CS/GT, they ran 12.8, 12.5 and 14.4 respectively, so thats all I can base my opinion on, on the "Passtime" show recorded out here in Feb. a kid had a 2006 GT, Auto with drag radials, didn't go into much detail with what else was on the car,
he hooked pretty good and ran a 13.8 @ 100mph.

I have a weird question, whatself respecting 1/4 mile track is not built to the right length? does not provider 60' or 1000' times or trap speed? Are these NHRA sanctioned tracks you guys go too?
The track I race at just had the NHRA Florida Nationals, is NHRA sanctioned, and hosts Fun Ford Weekend. I'm pretty sure that they have to meet the required standards. You can look them up www.speedworlddragway.c0m. My 108.22 mph trap speed, if corrected to sea level DA, was actually 108.46! I'm not trying to get defensive here, just letting you know. I do go to the track every week and have a lot of passes in my car. I've raced a guy with a roush supercharger, drag radials runningmid 13s at 103 mph. I've seen plenty of people cut great 60 times on street tires.Experience means everything.