Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MPG numbers with C&L or Airaid intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
woulduno

Default RE: MPG numbers with C&L or Airaid intake

This may sound off the wall, but I did not see much in the way of change on the CAI/tune combo. However, I did notice a 2-3mpg improvement by removing the stock H-pipe and putting an O/R H-pipe on there. Thinking I was crazy, I put the stock one back on, and sure enough I lost 2-3mpg. I can do up to 22 in the city if I keep my foot out of it. At present I am averaging 17.8mpg with a heavy foot. I am putting 4.10's in the rear next week, so I am curious to the impact with that mod. I mostly do city driving, so hopefully it will not change for the worse by to much.

Scott
Old 05-23-2008, 09:16 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

owero01, thank you for providing the official/scientific name for my condition - "right footitis".
Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

I did search my question; I just didn't find exactly what I was looking for (I mainly found cai/tuner combo mileage), unless I overlooked some topics. Plus, for me, if Iimproved my mileage 2mpg, I would saveat least5 bucks per fillup; that may not seem like much, but it adds up.[/align][/align]speaking of h-pipes (i will do a search for this too), does anyone have any experience with the MAC prochamber that does not replace the cats (http://www.lmperformance.com/5597/73.html). i know the o/r prochamber would be better, I am just curious if the direct replacement is beneficial at all.[/align]
Old 05-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I was never one to be concerned about fuel consumption, I've always had performance vehicles, and or 4X4's and didn't really care how many miles per gallon I got. However, with todays prices I find myself thinking about this .

In my opinion, gas mileage and performance bothimproved when I put my Airaid system on. IF you drive in a sane manner. Unfortunately, when I get into the car intending to Drive in a sane manner, something clicks in my head when I turn the key and hear that rumble......It makes it very hard to resist the temptation to
Old 05-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

I was never one to be concerned about fuel consumption, I've always had performance vehicles, and or 4X4's and didn't really care how many miles per gallon I got. However, with todays prices I find myself thinking about this .

In my opinion, gas mileage and performance bothimproved when I put my Airaid system on. IF you drive in a sane manner. Unfortunately, when I get into the car intending to Drive in a sane manner, something clicks in my head when I turn the key and hear that rumble......It makes it very hard to resist the temptation to [sm=gears.gif]
Yea I would agree with this except the airaid was already on when I bought the car. I get 14.5 in the city so the only thing that changes is about 20cents a gallon when buying the 92 vs the 87octane. The only reason the milage dropped so low is the 3.73's but before the gear change and tune I was getting just under 16 city driving. I do worry more about my wifes milage and have to get rid of the durango and get her something more milage friendly.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 PM
el matatan

i noticed a huge difference after i put my intake and tune in i have the c&l with diablo predator i drive from tampa to miami alot so this is highway statistics stock i got around 23-24 mpg at 80-85 after intake i got 28 almost 29 at 80 cruise control on i've already had a discussion about this and people did not believe me but its true i then purchased the delete plates and my mpg went to sh#t now im back down to about 22-23 mpg at around 80 with intake tune cmdps and bama 93 octane race tune just my experience
Old 05-26-2008, 07:20 AM
jjgt07
1st Gear Member

you bought a stang to worry about gas millage? sell it and get a landrider grampapa
Old 05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

I am not worried about gas mileage, I am worried about the fact that the price of gas has DOUBLED since I got my car. All I want is information on things that could help increase my mpg so I don't have to take out a loan every time I fill up with gas. Like I said, there is no way I am trading my car in for some kind of euro-trash compact. I wouldn't be suprised if most of the people on these forums would like to get the best mileage they can while burning rubber at the same time.