Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Back to the Basics (Bolt-ons)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Weiss_Stang

Default RE: Back to the Basics (Bolt-ons)

No LT's now. I know several people that have 05 an newer stangs around here. Long tubes might come in the future and I'm sure it won't be hard to get rid of the O/R h-pipe I've just ordered.

I think that once I get this done, the next thing will be gears and then suspension/ appearance. (cervini Eleanor kit maybe)
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

About the cams, First I love the sound of a cammed engine, regardless of performance increase. Secondly, doesn't the cams really help the blower work much better???
Old 07-16-2008, 01:12 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Weiss_Stang

Well thanks for all the input. After talking with Brenspeed today, I just ordered the Steeda Underdrives, C&L Street CAI, SCT X3 Tuner, and the Pypes O/R h-pipe. These were all highly recomended by brenspeed as a solid combination.

LAK3RS, Thanks for the extra pointers. But the blower will come in the picture a few years down the road. So I just got the pulleys while I had the credit card out.

I'll letall of youknow how it goes.
I'm jealous...I just got my 06 too and I'd LIKE to make that same order
Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Weiss_Stang

Well BleedinBLue, there is no time like the present. I would say just order it up and bust out the swipe card.
I get my h-pipe and pulleys tomorrow and the CAI/ Tuner in about another 6 days (Brenspeed's lead time for the combo). I CAN'T WAIT!

I already have the stock "H" off the car and just waiting for the parts to arrive to finish up.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Weiss_Stang

Well, I just installed the pulleys and the O/R H-pipe. The steeda pulleys are good quality and pretty easy to put on.

HOWEVER,
The off road H-pipe (Pypes)in combination with my Flow master axle backs are LOUD. I actually don't mind the loud tone at idle or reving it up when sitting still. But, when you get anywhere near 2500 RPM with a load on the car it starts to cackle real loud. Anyone else in the same boat? It doesn't cackle a lot when you down shift, that sound good. It is just the acceleration after about 2300RPM.

Any suggestions or opinions on smoothing the tone?