Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to Get and Where to Get It...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
LB_Stang

Default What to Get and Where to Get It...?

So Im new to the the whole Mustang Forum deal. Im Assuming that CAI stands for Cold Air Intake. and Im familiar w the SCT tuner.And I want to get the Long Boy Headders and new Pipes w a Good Exhaust. But what I need to know is where to get these for the best deals. I have the K&N ramair intake and need the tuner and exhaust. thats about as crazy as I want to get. But any other tips Are greatly appreciated. Thanks, 06 GT Gunmetal Grey
Old 07-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Brenspeed is a very good company and so is American Muscle. I personally get my stuff from Brenspeed and am very happy with the prices and service.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
zachcrosen
1st Gear Member

Most of the time, American Muscle has the best prices. However, I have read that their tunes are not very aggressive. With that said, I bought my JLT CAI/tuner package from Brenspeed and could not be any happier with the mod or the transaction. You may also try Bamachips. I hear they are really good.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

The American Muscle tunes will allow you to use the part on your car but that's about it. They won't get the most from it, as AM tunes are canned tunes. For the most bang for the buck with a CAI/Tune, go through a tuner such as Bama or Brenspeed.

The K&N doesn't usually require a tune, although I've seen a few people have some trouble codes thrown with it and need one to get the car running optimally again. However a good tune will get your combo a little more optimized, even with the K&N.

Since you already have a K&N, I'd stick with it for now and get a tune if you're looking for a little more horsepower. You can always swap the CAI later (although you'll likely need to retune again).
Old 07-27-2009, 05:50 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

You're not going to be street legal in CA with long throw headers. There are some shorties that are C.A.R.B. approved though.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
LB_Stang

Cool Will look defientely chck out Brennspeed and Amercican Muscle. Really appreciate it. we need to take back the streets from all the Import Tuners!