Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is BamaChips still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Maybe that's why Matt got fired, wasn't doing his job??

The whole snowball of backlogged orders and communications could've been the doing of one person ya know..? Time will tell.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
I had a similar issue with my Bama tunes. It was ok when cold except for a certain rpm range. Running up through something like 2200-2500 (give or take a couple hundred rpm...its been a while ago), the car would stutter & hesitate.

I got a VMP tune later, mostly because Bama couldn't fix my LT header related CEL's. Never had that problem with VMP.

Based on my experience through my supercharger install, I think that cold start thing has something to do with the transient fuel settings in the tune. That's the only thing JDM needed to tweak in my tune. It acted all limpy when cold. Then one tweak of "transient fuel" as Jim Sr put it, and they tune was dead on.

When I put my cams in ill give the guys a JDM a ring for sure on a tune until I can get down to PSI.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

I have been waiting since 7/29, I guess paypal gives you 45 days to dispute a payment so I guess I'm just screwed and stuck waiting. I will be calling doug on a regular basis till I get an answer. 7/29 - 9/23 is unacceptable to me. I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but now I'm running out of nice weather, its almost october.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Maybe that's why Matt got fired, wasn't doing his job??

The whole snowball of backlogged orders and communications could've been the doing of one person ya know..? Time will tell.
It seemed like Matt was the only one trying to help people. From what I've gathered, Matt was supposed to work on tunes only...the customer service side kind of got dropped in his lap. I've seen a number of times on the forums where he's helped people get their tunes...him posting on the forums was pretty much the only way for most people to get in touch with Bama (I think we all know by now they're nearly impossible to get ahold of).

There are a lot of people unhappy with Bama right now, its easy to get rid of a guy and paint him as the problem...but it didn't seem like he was the problem to me. But like you said, time will tell. Doug needs to get some more help though pronto, he's running the entire show over there by himself...no wonder why things are taking so long.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

I talked to doug on thursday, he told me that he was starting to get caught up and my order was going out same day. I got tracking, it did. I got it yesterday as promised. Installed CAI/xcal 3 last night. I got a 91 perf, 91 torque, and 93 torque. I am running the 91 torque right now. I love it, that makes the car very snappy. With most of my driving under 3000-3500 rpms I will probably stay with the torque vs perf tune. I'll give it a week and try the perf to see what I like better.

I think once doug gets caught up things will be fine. IMO it was a bad break between losing matt and getting an overubundace of orders. I think that if it ever happens again, that he should tell people that he isn't taking any new orders till his backlog gets below X amount of orders (to do his best on the current orders he has). He will **** less people off that way, and look like he doesn't wanna give anybody a tune that is less than perfect.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

The other thing I'll say about JDM is that according to JDM, JDM wrote and supplied the "factory" tune that comes are inside all the Saleen and Roush cars.